Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Help me make some decisions, please (music editing) cross posted
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 27, 2010 05:08 PM

I posted this here too, a few days ago.

So, I for once am not going to procrastinate and am going to start NOW for my senior dance show (so that when I have to write my thesis paper in the spring I won't have to worry about choreographing and music editing). Problem is I've never really edited music before.

One of my ideas is a piece to The Unforgiven by Metallica...or rather I want to edit either all three or just the first two together. I have the first one essentially choreographed and I'm working on cutting the music. I need to take out the majority of the guitar solo and the chorus that immediately follows it. I can't get it to sound smooth enough!

Then the transition from the end of one to beginning of two is not sounding good at all. I think I need to take out the intro and cross-fade into the first verse of two. And then it would be basically the deal about cutting out the solo and a chorus (I don't want to kill the the dancers...)

Then, if I use three, I think I can immediately go in to the intro to three after the fade out at the end of two (since the intro is different). BUT the intro to three is a minute and a half long. Probably should cut out the solo and a chorus.

I don't really want to do a Metallica song and have a guitar solo though, maybe keep one of them? If so which one? I could choreograph to any of them with no problem.

If I use all three it'd be a 12 min long dance :/ I might lose the audience.

ReplySendWatch