Forum: Ballet / Character Ballet

Character Ballet
YESSSS! Comfortable character shoe breakthrough!
By roomx7609 Comments: 230, member since Fri Apr 17, 2009
On Tue Jun 29, 2010 01:09 PM

www.dancewearsolutions.com . . .
I just bought these for my summer intensive and they are freaking amazing. I've only worn Capezio character shoes, and I needed a change from those (so uncomfortable). I wear an 8-8.5N street, and bought these in 8M. I tried the 8.5 and they were enormous, so I have to send them back ($8 shipping...wahhhh).
The T-strap is adorable, and the insole is PADDED. As in, you put them on, and they are actually comfortable to wear. My toes don't feel squashed or anything, and the 2" heel isn't painfully high at all. I don't even need to break them in! (:
I just wanted to share that there ARE comfortable character shoes if you haven't been able to find a pair for your SI, or for fall classes. Give them a try!

2 Replies to YESSSS! Comfortable character shoe breakthrough!

re: YESSSS! Comfortable character shoe breakthrough!
By DreamsOfDance Comments: 118, member since Sat Jul 10, 2010
On Sat Jul 10, 2010 04:17 PM
Its nice to know that somebody out there has found some charechter shoes that dont hurt almost as much as pointe shoes do! I had to stand I one position for and hour in charechter shoes and now my heel is bruised.
re: YESSSS! Comfortable character shoe breakthrough!
By imadancer2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2400, member since Wed Nov 30, 2005
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 06:00 PM
So danca character shoes are also really comfy! I hate capezio...blahhh. Their character shoes feel horrible on me.

I just got these:
www.backbaydancewear.com . . .
I haven't danced a lot in them yet, but I really like them from wearing them around the house breaking them in.

And also CH50. They run a little small and narrow, but are very nice.

ReplySendWatch