Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

When to replace Ballet slippers
By Jerisonharper
On Tue Jun 29, 2010 03:09 PM

I was just wondering when should one replace their ballet slippers. Do we wait til there's a hole or are there any signs that will show that the slippers need replacement?

10 Replies to When to replace Ballet slippers

re: When to replace Ballet slippers
By se81ballet
On Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 PM
I would say either when there's a hole growing in them or if your teacher says something to you that you might want to replace them.
By rmdanceguy1
On Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:02 PM
I'd say when they no longer do the job. I had a pair of leather shoes and wore them until they became so hard to dance in because whatever comfort was there was not.

I switched over to canvas and wow. Those shoes are great. It was night and day.
By yostretch
On Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:41 AM
when you see the hole start you should start looking for new shoes...if you wear leather it is went the shoes are to stretched out and look baggy on your feet....
By jly_dance
On Wed Jun 30, 2010 09:55 PM
I wore leather shoes quite along time ago(3 years ago???) and I never had signs to replace them other than that my feet had grown out of the shoes. But later, when I switched studios, I switched shoes to canvas. Canvas shoes are much better! The form on your feet also look better. I usually wait until holes develop in mine which takes awhile.
By luv2plie
On Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 AM
I wear leather ballet shoes. I buy new ones when thay are all stretched out!

Kev
By guyclone
On Fri Jul 09, 2010 05:16 AM
Canvas shoes just wear out way too quickly for me. They always get holes.
Leather is great, I love it. I replace them when they get stretched too much, which for me is about every 4-6 months. Sometimes I'll replace them when they get too dirty too.
I usually buy 2 pairs at a time, sometimes 2 different colours. I just like to have a few back up pairs all the time. Then when they get too worn, they get retired to house slippers.
By stormshadow
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 09:32 PM
I usually wait until I start to see a hole appear. Then I know it's time to get new ones. I also wear leather flats.
By fleshjazzpants
On Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 AM
My advice would be to always have 2 pairs of everything. I have performance ballet shoes and class ballet shoes. You don't want to mess up your performance shoes so that when you go on stage you look a hot mess right? So I would just keep your old ballet shoes for class, even the holy ones, and a couple of rehearsals before your next show, then try out your new ballet shoes.
By kaiba101
On Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:37 PM
rmdanceguy1 wrote:

I'd say when they no longer do the job. I had a pair of leather shoes and wore them until they became so hard to dance in because whatever comfort was there was not.

I switched over to canvas and wow. Those shoes are great. It was night and day.

Canvas? Hmm, I'll have to ask about those!
By tellaboy
On Sun Oct 03, 2010 07:29 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2011-05-12 11:14:03 You must use capitalization and punctuation.
My Slippers are new, but its good to know when to replace them.

ReplySendWatch