Forum: General / Modern / Praise/Liturgical

Praise/Liturgical
A question about skirts
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Fri Jul 02, 2010 04:53 PM

Hi everyone,
Need a recommendation for liturgical skirts. I'm looking for something very full.

I was looking at the Eurotard skirt, and wondering what the fabric is like. I see "polyester" and get nervous, because I think of a choir dress I had in college that was polyester...it was a very thin, almost parachute-like material, and it felt so cheap and what my mom would call "chintzy"...I hated it. Since there is no way for me to check out different skirts in person, the next best thing is to ask if anyone owns one of these and if it feels substantial, or if it's lightweight and cheap. www.riversedgedancewear.com . . .

Same goes for the BodyWrappers skirt: www.praisedancesupply.com . . .

The other skirt I thought of was the Leo's skirt, as it's crepe, and maybe that one is a bit nicer? www.dancingsuppliesdepot.com . . . But it sounds like it is not as full--I think I read that one is 1.5 circles as opposed to the two full circles I'd read about the Eurotard and BodyWrappers skirts.

Or, does anyone have any other suggestions?

3 Replies to A question about skirts

re: A question about skirts
By tammyvivi Comments: 100, member since Thu Mar 30, 2006
On Sat Jul 10, 2010 01:52 PM

The Eurotard Polyester Skirts are actually quite opaque and soft. They also move well because they are a 3 panel while other companies only offer a 2 panel for about the same price. The Eurotard waist band is nice too. I like Eurotard more because they have a larger selection of styles to go with the skirts and they always match. The Leo's crepe is stiff and thin, probably more like the fabric your choir dress was made out of.
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Thu Jul 29, 2010 07:46 PM
Someone told me that the fabric on these is actually a polyester knit rather than a woven fabric??
By F1ref1y Comments: 10, member since Tue Aug 17, 2010
On Tue Aug 17, 2010 02:48 PM
One of the pants we've used a lot is the Thai Fisherman Pant. If you search for them online (images) you can find a lot of companies. If gives a smidgen of a pedestrian look - but they make praise dancing really wonderful!

ReplySendWatch