Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Leotard vs T-shirts
By Jerisonharper
On Wed Jul 07, 2010 05:50 PM

Hey guys,

What do you prefer to wear for classes? Leotard (if so, thong or full back?) or just plain T-shirt?

8 Replies to Leotard vs T-shirts

re: Leotard vs T-shirts
By luv2plie
On Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 PM
For ballet classes I like to wear a WHITE starter spandex shirt from Walmart! They are cheap in price and the shirts do not stick to you while you dance!

Kev
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:17 AM
T-shirts have many advantages, including
-cost
-easier to launder
-hide love-handles
-don't have to undress to use the restroom
By jly_dance
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 09:42 PM
Just as luv2plie, i wear spandex white shirts. The only disadvantage is that becaue they are spandex they end up way to high.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 07:49 AM
T-shirts have a big diadvantage. When you lean over (as in touching your toes), the shirt will fall up. Unless you don't care about this, you will typically limit your movement in ways to prevent this problem. And that detracts from your dance training.

Same thing goes for tights that aren't properly held up; you'll tend to not hold your center, as a way to keep your tights up.
By balletisawesome
On Sun Aug 08, 2010 07:08 PM
i like leotards more, because they're more comfortable and your ready to dance in them, plus you wont have to worry about them falling up or anything like that :)
leotards are awesome! :)
By pondflyPremium member
On Sun Aug 08, 2010 09:44 PM
Fitting T Shirts, never tried a leo so I can't give an opinion on the other option.
By yostretch
On Tue Aug 10, 2010 02:22 PM
leos are easier to wear and go with the thong so you dont look like u are wearing underwear
By se81ballet
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 AM
Good 'ol fashioned white Hanes t-shirts. They're cheaper than a leotard or spandex, and work well enough for me. I sometimes wear other t-shirts too though, usually navy blue or black, especially for classes I had at my college.

ReplySendWatch