Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

A "smashing" slip jig
By ReelJiggered
On Fri Jul 09, 2010 02:48 PM

Well, I don't know if it was an achievement per se, but it certainly is something.

This morning I was up in my attic room practicing my slip jig when CRASH!!! My foot went THROUGH the wood floor (which was underneath my marley stuff I use). Yikes! Now mind you, that particular piece of wood was loose and didn't have much support under it. But has anything like this ever happened to you??

K

5 Replies to A "smashing" slip jig

re: A "smashing" slip jig
By tippytippy123
On Sat Jul 10, 2010 03:45 AM
Ahahahahaha :D
This happened to me during Saint Patrick's Day show.
I went through the wooden floor but luckily didn't injure myself. Just got a HUGE bruise for a month...
I felt so stupid in front of the audience, lol
By califeisgirl
On Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:12 AM
I dance at a show once where the stage was these plastic raised stage floors. Well as we danced on it they started to separate. At one point during an a capella, the group started moving forward and I had to jump over a gap to keep up with them. Fun times!
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 03:54 AM
Edited by RAID_Babe (220382) on 2010-07-11 04:06:12
Ouch! Are you alright though?

A friend of mine told me she was doing Ceili once and she and her mates just fell straight through the floor. Like, BANG, then just got up and walked away. lol

Oh yea, another story. My friend didn't technically go through the stage, but...
On St. Pattie's Day, we were performing at a University and during the Single Jig, he just fell of the stage, but quickly jumped back up and started dancing again. I cringed when he told me, but he couldn't stop laughing!
By ReelJiggered
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 08:42 PM
Thanks for the concern, RAID_Babe, but I'm just fine. It just completely shocked me, like, "Did that REALLY just haoppen??" I'm still waiting to hear my landlord's reaction. Not really looking forward to that. Crossing my fingers he doesn't ban me from practicing there. It's a PERFECT spot.

K
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 09:18 PM
If you can't practice there, do what they did in Rhythm of the Dance. The female lead did like 3 mins or something, on a drum. And the drum wasn't even that big.

Could you place a few boards on top once that one is repaired and then the lino? That way you hopefully won't fall through again!

ReplySendWatch