Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Best Class
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:48 AM

Okay, so this may not be an 'achievement' as such, but for me it is. I'm super proud of myself and stoked.

So lately I've not had the best run with dancing, just feeling blah about it. Anyways, I went to class today after staying at a friends house, in a way, pumped, because we had a fun practice session the night before. And I tried my hardest and I came out with a huge smile on my face, because I got really good comments and feedback from my teacher on how well I looked when I danced. All my problem areas within each dance have apparently improved and I'm looking a lot better.

I just wanted to share because I felt so proud that after having a major motivation and confidence crisis, I danced very well.

10 Replies to Best Class

re: Best Class
By ID_capes29
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 03:52 AM
That's soooooo good to hear!!! Im really glad that you finally decided to be a little more positive about it and hey, you felt great!!

Now you just have to KEEP enjoying it ;)

xxx <3
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 03:59 AM
Edited by RAID_Babe (220382) on 2010-07-11 04:23:31
Hahah, thanks Caitlin! I deffs feel 100x better, knowing that I'm going somewhere. And even having a fun practice session, nothing stessful possibly improved my dancing, who knew it?! lol.

I guess some words of wisdom, from friends and DDN members paid off :P
By ID_Addict
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 05:48 AM
That's awesome news Raid_Babe!
It's always such a great feeling when you come away from class with a smile from ear to ear, isn't it. :)
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 05:54 AM
Haha, thank you. I seriously couldn't believe that after over a month of feeling like my dancing was going down the drain, I would be able to dance like that. I loved doing Hard Shoe that day, because everything seemed so crisp when I did it.
By irishdancingdog
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 06:25 AM
Yay!!! I love those classes where you go in bummed and come out excited and ready to dance more! I can relate- I had a bad class Saturday because of an achilles issue I have, and had a fantastic one yesterday!
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 06:31 AM
Oh yea, when you have a great class, want to keep dancing, then the class is over. And you're like noooo! lol
By irishdancingdog
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 07:36 AM
^When I have those kinds of classes, I just slip my street shoes over my dance shoes and practice when I get home!
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 07:44 PM
Oooh, I love that idea!
By Finnegan
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 08:02 PM
Glad it was such a great class for you, I can tell you're over the moon about it :)
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 08:08 PM
Oh yea, just a bit over the moon :] ;)

Hopefully I can do that same at tomorrow's class, and just belt it out, like World Champs do!

ReplySendWatch