Forum: Music / Music & Songs

solo songs
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:28 PM

Hey there. so I have a few songs picked out for my lyrical song this year. I am a 14 year old girl and has had some hard some times in this past year with friends and love. I want to have a soft song or a emotional song. I am a crazy girl that likes to be alone. ;) If you see one that you won't fit me please say something. Or if it is inappropriate.

What hurts the most - Rascal Flatts
Still Around -3OH!3
Haven't met you yet - Michael Buble
Just so you know -Jesse McCartney

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS!!!!

5 Replies to solo songs

re: solo songs
By pointeprincessSDmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 04:41 PM
Now, honestly, I'm not trying to be mean, but both the audience and the judges will be annoyed if suddenly "Haven't Met You Yet" comes blasting through the speakers. In 6 months, everyone will be tired of it and will never, ever want to hear it again.

Here are some suggestions that may fit your description
"Fragile" - Delta Goodrem
"Hiding Underwater" - Beth Hart
Enjoy!
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 05:54 PM
Haven't Met You Yet doesn't really scream lyrical to me. I don't think that it's really soft or emotional, and I would really think of it as more of a jazz song. And I agree with pointeprincessSD, the audience and judges will be pretty annoyed when they hear it a few months from now.
By staygold123
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 06:26 PM
Edited by staygold123 (198340) on 2010-07-11 18:33:15 forgot something...
pointeprincessSD wrote:

Now, honestly, I'm not trying to be mean, but both the audience and the judges will be annoyed if suddenly "Haven't Met You Yet" comes blasting through the speakers. In 6 months, everyone will be tired of it and will never, ever want to hear it again.

As much as I love Michael Buble, I would be annoyed if I heard that song in 5 minutes, let alone 6 months...

I agree, it doesn't sound like a typical lyrical song, and it doesn't fit that description you put.

Try listening Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne. It reminds me of "What Hurts the Most" a little...
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 06:05 PM
THANK YOU GUYS!!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:09 AM
I actually think Haven't Met You Yet is probably the most age appropriate song on your list. I don't think you're old enough to pull off the weight behind What Hurts The Most. Sorry.

ReplySendWatch