Forum: General / Travel - Photos

Travel - Photos
Backpacking Europe 2010--Athens, Santorini, Ljubljana, Lake Bled
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4665, member since Wed Dec 19, 2001
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:05 AM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-07-12 11:11:27
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-07-12 11:23:49

I went backpacking for 6 weeks through Europe and the UK, and here are a sample of some of the pictures I took while I was in Athens, Santorini and Ljubljana (+ Lake Bled pics at the end).

Pics:
1-2: Athens, Greece
3-5: Santorini, Greece
Pic 3 is of one of the donkeys that we rode up the side of a cliff (terrifying, yet exciting at the same time)
6-9: Ljubljana, Slovenia
10: Lake Bled, Slovenia

I plan on uploading pics from the other cities I visited too, so this is album 1 of ____. (Maybe 3? That sounds good.)

3 Replies to Backpacking Europe 2010--Athens, Santorini, Ljubljana, Lake Bled

re: Backpacking Europe 2010--Athens, Santorini, Ljubljana, Lake Bled
By DancingBeanermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2092, member since Wed Feb 02, 2005
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 AM
What great photos! Haha isn't riding the donkey up the hill in Santorini awesome?
I'm glad to see that you had an amazing time! Are you already planning another trip? I know I haven't gotten the travel bug out of me since I started about 6 years ago. :P But it is soooo worth it!
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4665, member since Wed Dec 19, 2001
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 AM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-07-12 11:50:27
Thanks!! The first thing I noticed about your post was that you said you've had the travel bug for about 5 years, ha. Before my trip, my goal was to get it out of me so I could go be responsible and sort of move on...but honestly, I think it's made the bug worse. lol.
I met so many awesome people and pretty much had the time of my life, and can't wait to go back. Also, the thing about meeting so many other people is that your list of places that you want to see starts to expand.
Oh, and the donkey experience was incredible. I had met up with some girls while on the boat ride over to the volcano, and they were kind of "eh" on it at first, and were thinking about skipping it because we had to wait for the first group to finish going up the cliff, but I knew I was going to ride those donkeys with or without them. It was something I sort of associated with Greece and Santorini, so I knew I wasn't leaving without doing it---and it ended up being great..scary, but great. (Oh, and the other girls ended up waiting around with me and doing it as well..and they loved it too! :))
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 01:01 PM
^ I have 2 friends who have just got back from travelling (separately) and both are hating being back at home and having to work! In fact, both met other travellers who are basically making their life by travelling (i.e. never going home) and they're so jealous! I don't dare do it, because I know I won't be able to make myself go back to real life.

Santorini looks BEAUTIFUL!

ReplySendWatch