Forum: General / Travel - Photos

Travel - Photos
Backpacking Europe 2010 (Pt2) --Lake Bled, Zagreb, Split
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4665, member since Wed Dec 19, 2001
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 AM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-07-12 11:54:00
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-07-12 13:40:54

Album 2 sampler of the photos I took on my 6-week backpacking trip through Europe and the UK.
This is a lot harder than it looks..I have so many pictures! It's hard to choose!

So..my earlier prediction of 3 albums is going to be way off..

Pics:
1-2: More Lake Bled
#2--*squee!* love :) I have a better picture of this, but I'm pulling the pics from my Facebook, and for some reason, the other version wouldn't load.

3-5: Zagreb, Croatia
#3--lol :D Excuse my inner dork..
#5--bus ride to Split, Croatia

6-10: Split, Croatia (my love)

2 Replies to Backpacking Europe 2010 (Pt2) --Lake Bled, Zagreb, Split

re: Backpacking Europe 2010--Lake Bled, Zagreb, Split
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 01:05 PM
So, I'm just going to comment on all of your albums, because I'm jealous :)

Split is absolutely on my list of places to go... I've only ever heard great things about it! Where did you stay in Zagreb? When I went there, we stayed in this GREAT hostel... as I recall, it was kind of near the zoo in the park?

I know you haven't made this album yet, but where in the UK did you end up going to?
re: Backpacking Europe 2010--Lake Bled, Zagreb, Split
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4665, member since Wed Dec 19, 2001
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 01:34 PM
I stayed at Funk Hostel while in Zagreb--I liked it well enough, even though I was only there for a night. I think it was just one of the cheaper ones I could find.
Heh..speaking of Zagreb..I got really lost when I was trying to find my hostel here. I guess it wasn't that bad, but they only had one mini-sign..and I got off at the wrong tram stop (which I continued to have problems with in each city that had a tram..ugh.). I was lost in total for about 2 hours, which was also made worse because I had taken a night train, so I arrived in Zagreb around 9/10pm and didn't end up finding my hostel til around midnight.
However, I don't want to scare anyone out of the solo thing--that was probably the worst thing that happened on my entire 6 weeks of traveling. Just getting lost..bah. I can still picture that evening really clearly..

Anyway, yeah, Split was GORGEOUS :) I loved it.

And as for the UK, I went to England and Scotland. In England, I made a quick stop in London (didn't stay because I was there last year, and that's where I was able to get the cheapest flight from Paris). Anyway, stayed a night in London then went north to Manchester..visited there and Huddersfield for a weekend. Then for Scotland, I stayed in Edinburgh and took a day tour to the Highlands (love.) Scotland was definitely a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't originally even plan to go there, but a few of my friends said that I needed to go..plus I figured that I was in the area, so I went for a few days and completely fell in love with it. (So now I'm in love with both England and Scotland). :)

ReplySendWatch