Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Theory test - done!
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 AM

Wooooo!

Passed my theory test about an hour ago. I got 49 out of 50 on the multiple choice and 62 out of 75 on the hazard perception. One of my clips was sheep in the road, made me smile although I was disappointed that there were no cows.

So, theoretically I am a good driver :P

4 Replies to Theory test - done!

re: Theory test - done!
By forgetxmexnot
On Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 PM
Edited by forgetxmexnot (157970) on 2010-07-16 22:45:01
Congrats!!! :) It's a great feeling. There were two parts of our drivers ed that we had to take to get our permit. There was a written test and 6 hours of driving. I got one of the highest scores in the class (96% I think... I really can't remember, too long ago) for my written test but one of my instructors that I had for the actual driving portion was pretty convinced that I couldn't drive. Kind of ironic.

Not that I blame her for thinking I couldn't drive, I was SUCH a nervous wreck in drivers ed.
By BusyIzzy
On Sat Jul 17, 2010 07:13 AM
Well done! Good luck with your practical, if you can try and do it before October because I've heard they're making it more difficult.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jul 17, 2010 07:39 AM
^ I heard they ask you to follow road signs rather than telling you which exit to take at roundabouts etc. So they'd say "at the roundabout, follow the signs to Northfield" rather than "at the roundabout, leave at the second exit". My driving instructor already does that with me a fair bit, partly because she knew the change was coming but also because that's what you have to do when you're a driver. They're also going to start making it compulsory for your instructor to be in the car on your test as well which I think is a good idea so that if you fail, they know exactly why.

She said we'll aim for September though :)
By rosalinde
On Mon Jul 19, 2010 03:09 AM
Well done!

At my first practical my instructor was in the back, driving with me. I failed that test (good thing, I really wasn't ready yet) and on the way home he went over all the things I'd done wrong. And I just sat there thinking, "I just failed that test! I feel rotten enough as it is! Can't you just leave it till the next lesson?!" So for my second test (which I passed) I expressly told my instructor not to come with me. I was fairly confident I'd pass, but you never know of course, and I didn't want a repeat of that first time. So now he was dependent on what I'd tell him and the report given by the examiner.

I liked not having him in the car. But then again, by that time my instructor and I didn't get along very well anymore, and I'd already planned on switching to another instructor if I'd failed again.

ReplySendWatch