Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

I know it's not much, but...
By Damhnaitmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jul 18, 2010 03:59 PM

I placed for the first time yesterday in Prizewinner. I've been dancing in Prizewinner for about two years now and every time I competed, I would come close to placing (1 point away here, .5 points away there, etc.), but I was really afraid because I always psyched myself out by thinking "Some of these girls compete in Prelims already. This is probably the last dance they need to get out of Prizewinner" and stuff along those lines.

However, at the feis yesterday it was my 18th birthday and I was down because I hadn't placed in my hornpipe (it's the last dance I need to get out of novice) and next up was my reel so I thought "I don't care, I just wanna FLY out there!" and I pumped myself up and ended up placing 5th out of 18 dancers. So I'm just so proud right now, and I'm not thinking of 5th place as a low placement, but as a foot in the door for better Prizewinner placements! Ha ha, thanks for reading; I'm just so excited!

12 Replies to I know it's not much, but...

re: I know it's not much, but...
By ReelJigmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jul 18, 2010 04:50 PM
CONGRATS!!!! thats great!!! 5th is really good especially since there was 18 dancers in your competition! :D

-reeljig <3
By Eire_gir
On Sun Jul 18, 2010 04:52 PM
Congratulations! Your hard work seems to be paying off. All the best at your next competition.
By Finnegan
On Sun Jul 18, 2010 05:15 PM
Awesome! A great result. Go you!
By jiggymommamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jul 18, 2010 09:24 PM
Great job! Congratulations! :)
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jul 18, 2010 09:26 PM
5th out of 18 dancers if fantastic! Congrats to you. So does this mean you're in the next level above Prizewinner?
By irishgirl26member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 19, 2010 06:44 AM
^ To move out of Prizewinner you have to get firsts. The number of firsts varies from region to region (and I think sometimes you can move up if you get a 1st, 2nd or 3rd in your dances).

Congratulations! 5th out of 18 is awesome!! I hope you do just as well in the feises to come.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 20, 2010 08:09 AM
Congratulations on your brilliant placement! Its always pleasing and such a great feeling to get a good place at a Feis. All the best for the next one. :)

Claire.
By Tansey
On Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:19 AM
Congratulations! You must have danced very well to come 5th out of 18 dancers! Good for you!
By Irishdancer09
On Mon Jul 26, 2010 03:23 PM
Congrats! That's a great accompishment, youshould be really proud of yourself!
By iloveirishdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:59 PM
Congrats that is a great accmplishment, and just the beginning of many more placements!! yay :)
By Damhnaitmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 27, 2010 04:59 PM
Yay! Thank you everyone, I was so totally excited when I saw my name up on the results board for that dance!
By rosalinde
On Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 AM
That is a totally amazing result, you should be so proud of yourself.

And don't write: "I know it's not much", because whatever you do, it is 'much'! Be proud of yourself, girl, you're in Prizewinner!

ReplySendWatch