Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

pros/cons that you've found when owning/driving a Toyota Matrix?
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member
On Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:41 PM

Our beloved Camry wagon is, unfortunately, starting to develop issues in its' more important areas. It also has rust.

Toyota has stopped making Camry wagons.. so, we're a little stuck.

Come to find out that there is what's called a "Toyota Matrix" on the market.

Do any of you have one? How does it handle? Does it give you enough cargo space?

What are your thoughts on it?

And, if not a Toyota Matrix, what wagon do you like, that has a nice FLAT area.. where one can put things for transport, that is a wagon??

Shadow.

2 Replies to pros/cons that you've found when owning/driving a Toyota Matrix?

re: pros/cons that you've found when owning/driving a Toyota Matrix?
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:46 PM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2010-07-19 13:47:06
I have a Pontiac Vibe, which is basically a Toyota Matrix under a different name (both have the Corolla engine). I looove my car. It's so versatile and it has the lay-flat feature for both the back row of seats and the passenger seat. I don't know if the Matrix has this, but my Vibe has a regular A/C plug that's great for charging my phone or laptop on the go. The Matrix holds its value really well and you may have a hard time finding one--I had to settle for a Vibe because A) the Vibe was cheaper and B) the Matrixes (Matrices?) sell very quickly off the lot. My friend has a Matrix from the same year as my car and loves it too. Highly recommended.

Dani
re: pros/cons that you've found when owning/driving a Toyota Matrix?
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member
On Tue Jul 20, 2010 08:56 PM
Dani! thanks so much!

I'll have to check out the Pontiac bits!

I wonder if the "Vibe" comes with wild and awesome colors?
:]

Image hotlink - 'http://www.datamusicata.com/storage/GoodVibes.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1210802882403'

Image hotlink - 'http://api.ning.com/files/zhQq812OOZA-D7VCsg6lRav0Fd7plQJ7etkmZURYk5UfZ5PYdfL*EABasEbhPLIDcspPinnrxGKRIxPD6-Kisl8MODnUPCLu/enlightenment.jpg'

I know that Chevrolet has taken the "generic" components of a Corolla, and stuck those things in its' Prizm.

How is the handling of the Vibe?

Shadow.

ReplySendWatch