Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

the guy i like, likes my sister...
By igotthebeat
On Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 AM

so long story short, this is the 3rd time a guy that I have absolutely fallen for, has fallen for...no not me, but my sister. I understand that she's way prettier and all, but this happening for the third time already has really made me feel like complete dirt. I'm not asking for advice or anything, but if you want then i would love it.

It's just that everytime this happens, I completely just break down. And it gets me thinking of how she's always better at me than everything, she can practically get any guy she wants, and she always gets what she wants. And I honestly can't take this anymore. I'm afraid to show my guy friends my sister and even talk about her cause she has a really strong beauty about her and some how they can't resist.

like i said advice, no advice, whatever, or if anyone has also been through this....

gosh. this really sucks :/

4 Replies to the guy i like, likes my sister...

re: the guy i like, likes my sister...
By obsesseddancer14
On Thu Jul 22, 2010 02:15 PM
((Hugs)) I know that must be hard. While I've never been in this exact situation before, I'm a twin and I definitely know where you're coming from when it comes to being compared to a sibling. Unfortunately there's nothing you can really do to change the situation but do you have a best friend you can talk to who can pump you up and remind you of all the great things about yourself? I have a friend like that and it's one of the few things that can make me actually feel better at a time like that. Can I ask how old you are? I doubt it'll be that long before one of you goes to college and after that you won't have to worry about being compared to her. I think sometimes a little distance can be the best thing for siblings simply because the whole rivalry aspect mostly disappears and all that's left are the good things.
By calico_cooper22
On Thu Jul 22, 2010 07:00 PM
I'm sorry. I was in a similar situation, two guys I'd had history with ended up liking one of my best friends. It sucked. I lost a lot of confidence in myself, and had to deal with feeling second-rate, so I sympathize. And honestly, it just took some time. I know, it's horribly cliche, and doesn't help you at all at the moment :P I just went out a little more with some of my other friends and had some fun, regained some confidence. Hugs, and pm if you need anything!
By igotthebeat
On Fri Jul 23, 2010 01:12 PM
yeah its my senior this year so ill definitely be gone soon so i wont have to worry about that! haha
yeah, i always talk to my bestfriend guy friend about this stuff but then i dont want to look like i just want some sympathy, you know?
and yeah, i always just get my mind off things when im with my friends.

like as the beatles say: I get by with a little help from my friends:)
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 23, 2010 09:12 PM
Girl, I know your feeling SO well. When I was younger my step-sister lived with us...to paint a picture: I am short, a bit heavier, and was a bit awkward looking at that time whereas my sister is tall, blonde hair, skinny, and just always has been gorgeous. I fell for quite a few guys who in turn fell for my sister. Major annoyance and confidence blow.

As lame and cliche as it is and as often as I throw it out there...everything happens for a reason. Sometimes things happen that really suck but it will get better and the guy that is right for you will be out there and will see your beauty. Try not to tell yourself that she is better than you because I am sure that there are things about you that she looks at and is completely envious of. Hang in there, hun.

ReplySendWatch