Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: A Guide to "Dropping Down"
By megangwood Comments: 22, member since Fri Nov 28, 2014
On Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:47 AM
Can someone please post a link to where this rule is written? I've looked everywhere all over the North American website CLRG, etc. and cannot find it. This is concerning to me as well as I had planned to drop down. And, mostly because there is so little competition in my adult dances.
By DayOver30member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 251, member since Sat Mar 26, 2011
On Sun Nov 30, 2014 07:07 PM
It is usually mentioned in each feis' syllabus. For example, you mentioned the Feis in the Desert...if you look under the heading of "Adult," above where it lists the different dances offered, it says, "A dancer over the age of 18 who has not danced in the above described competitions for a period of five years. Dancers who are in the Adult categories cannot enter any competition
other than Adult specified competitions. A dancer who wishes to return to any category other than Adult must remain out of Adult competitions for five consecutive years before
returning."

Of course you'll need to ask your teacher for clarification on how the rule is interpreted in your region and at your school. Hope this helps. Good luck.
By GirlGeekPremium member Comments: 29, member since Tue Apr 22, 2014
On Mon Dec 01, 2014 03:44 PM
DayOver30 wrote:

It is usually mentioned in each feis' syllabus. For example, you mentioned the Feis in the Desert...if you look under the heading of "Adult," above where it lists the different dances offered, it says, "A dancer over the age of 18 who has not danced in the above described competitions for a period of five years. Dancers who are in the Adult categories cannot enter any competition other than Adult specified competitions. A dancer who wishes to return to any category other than Adult must remain out of Adult competitions for five consecutive years before
returning."

Man, another poorly phrased rule. The first part is clearly "you can't enter Adult comps unless you've been out of the age groups for 5 years." The last part could mean either "you can't enter the age groups unless you've been out of Adult comps for 5 years" or "once you leave Adult comps, you have to wait 5 consecutive years before entering adults again."

Could a TC or AD please weigh in on this?
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch