Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Apocalyptica - who likes?
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 27, 2010 02:57 PM

I first heard of Apocalyptica when the song went out for "I Don't Care" with the lead singer of Three Days Grace.

And I just found out the band is actually three cellos (and drums as of 2003). I did not know they were a symphotic metal band. I have been listening to their music on Youtube lots. They have quite a few covers of Metallica which is awesome. I had found a playlist of the songs from their albums but I can't find it again but here are a couple songs of theirs.

www.youtube.com . . .

www.youtube.com . . .

I absolutely love the fact that three trains cellists with long hair do metal music. haha

4 Replies to Apocalyptica - who likes?

re: Apocalyptica - who likes?
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 27, 2010 03:34 PM
I love them!! I saw them at Download Festival 2008 and they were amazing and they really rock out to their music!
I have all the albums and regularly listen to them I especially love their own music rather than covers but their Metallica covers are cool.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jul 28, 2010 05:47 AM
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2010-07-28 05:56:29
I like the song they do with Corey Taylor. (please tell me that is an Apocalyptica song!) :) They're playing Sonisphere Festival this weekend, so I'll probably check them out and see what they're like live.

Claire.

P.S Anyone got any recommendations of songs I should check out? :D
By KZoet
On Thu Aug 05, 2010 05:43 PM
Apocolyptica!!! Incredible and unique!! I would suggest the following songs:
Hope
Suffer
Struggle

Mixing these songs together or even just playing around with one of them creates very interesting things. I've seen people do ballet, contemporary and acrobatic dances to apocolyptica and it's really cool.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 07, 2010 07:11 AM
Thanks for the recommendations. They were AMAZING at Sonisphere Festival last weekend.I'm contemplating seeing them on their UK Tour as I bet they'll be amazing in a small venue. :)

Claire.

ReplySendWatch