Forum: Advice / Beauty - Makeovers

Wanting a New Look
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 PM

So..this is me now. I'm working on growing my hair back out..but I want a new look for my hair as it currently is, since I obviously have awhile to go.
I normally just put it up in a ponytail, but I want some more ideas. Every now and then I'll "get creative" and do the braid across the front of my head, and that looks cute..but that's about all I've got.

I'm pretty much up for whatever..except making it uber-short. New color ideas, everyday styles..all welcome. Oh, and if you can't tell by the picture, my hair is pretty thick. And it's 11:30pm here, so the pics aren't anything fancy.

Thanks!! :)

5 Replies to Wanting a New Look

re: Wanting a New Look
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 AM
First of all, I think your hair is georgous! I love the color and the length.

I always look on youtube for different hairstyles, mostly because I'm a visual learner...they show you step by step how to do them. Here's a couple videos that I have used before.

www.youtube.com . . .

www.youtube.com . . .

If you just type in easy hairstyles in the youtube search engine theres tons!
By dancegur12
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 09:50 PM
I think your hair is really cute the length that it is, but if you want more style to it, I would try and see if you can get more layers on the top part of your hair. It would make it thinner and also, you can do more styles to it.

For things you could do to style it, just try different things every now and then. Try straightening it one day and the next try scrunching it.

And as for coloring it, I like your hair the way it is, but if you were to color it I think a dark brown would look really good.

Hope this helps. :)

xoxo
By disco_diva97
On Sat Aug 07, 2010 09:59 AM
Hi x
your hair looks gourgous x
but maybe dark brown or red ? x
georgia xx
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 07, 2010 03:22 PM
What about a little highlighting?

My sister has her hair colored about to the color of yours, with heavy highlights (not bright, white blonde. The highlights are like a dirty blonde) through the top, and it looks SO good. I have a serious hair crush on my sister. I'm not even kidding. Her hair dresser is so good! :)

And do you have any way to switch the part, or does your hair line peak like that on both sides? A part switch is a pretty instant hair change, lol...
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Aug 08, 2010 02:14 PM
Hmm..I could check into getting highlights. I've never had them done before (all the color is natural), so I'd have to check into prices and such. My hair used to be all that bright blonde color when I was younger and it's been slowly changing throughout the years on its own. The front part (ie: when I have it pulled into a ponytail) has a ton of natural highlighting left in it, but when I have it down, it's mostly brown.

Thanks for all the comments so far, and the websites from Honey!

As for the part, I normally part it on the side, because I have side bangs, and if I was going to wear it down, I'd probably straighten it so it wasn't so poofy.

Thanks again!

ReplySendWatch