Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

I need motivation to get back on track . I went from 123.5 to 132.5 in a matter of 3 weeks.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Sat Jul 31, 2010 09:23 PM
Edited by jazz_lover (99333) on 2010-07-31 21:24:32

I just wanted to come to DDN for motivation to get back on my healthy living diet. I will give you a bit of a back story.

From about April/May I have changed my diet around in order to be more healthy. I cut out a lot of procced foods, eat sugar only occasionally etc.
That is when summer school hit. For the past month or so, I have been eating a donut for breakfast, then a muffin for snack, pizza for lunch etc. I went from a healthy 123.5 to 132.5 in about a month.
I was doing the whole yogurt diet thing and that seemed to be working pretty well. ( Replacing desserts with yogurt)

Now that I am 132.5 I need the motivation to get back on track. I wish that I could be 123 again, but I feel that at this point it is hopeless. It is ten pounds, but it feels like a HUGE mountain to climb for me.

I just need the push to get back to where I was, and get rid of the freshman 10 that hit within a matter of a month!

What do you guys do to motivate yourself? I know I am going in a downward spiral since I just had two slices of pizza because " things are hopeless, and I am screwing up anyways".

I have also gone from working out every day to just 2/3 times a week. I just don't have the motivation to get going in the gym and I really want that passion back.

2 Replies to I need motivation to get back on track . I went from 123.5 to 132.5 in a matter of 3 weeks.

re: I need motivation to get back on track . I went from 123.5 to 132.5 in a matter of 3 weeks.
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 31, 2010 09:56 PM
I think a lot of it is what you buy. If you buy a box of donuts, you are going to be tempted to have one everyday for breakfast. Its self sabotaging and I have seen lots of people do it. Obviously you can still go to Dunks every morning and get a donut there, but its probably not as convenient. Buy a box of breakfast bars or cereal or oatmeal or something like that and ditch all the donuts you have. If its not in the house, you won't be able to eat it on a whim. I think that should be your first step. The next step would be to buy snacks that you can bring to school and pack them. If you don't think you can remember, put like 5 granola bars in your bag at a time and that way they'll always be there and you won't be tempted to buy a muffin because your hungry (of course this will only work if you can resist eating all 5 at once). Replacing the dessert with the yogurt is great, and I remember you posting about it. Try going back to that. But if your getting bored, try other flavors or other low cal desserts like pudding or 100 calorie cookies or something.

As for the gym, I find that once you go 3 or 4 days in a row, it becomes a challenge to prove to yourself that you can go everyday and see how long you can keep it up. If you do every other day, having a two day break instead doesn't seem like a big deal. I struggle with this too. Again varying things might help. One day walking on the treadmill and working on arms, the next day doing the bicycle and working on core etc. Does your gym have classes? That can create some sort of accountability, especially when you are paying for it. Over winter break I made a workout diary on here and that helped me. I always hated posting that I didn't do any exercising that day. A lot of people were very supportive and some even said I inspired them and that made me feel good too. I might start that up again soon.

By taking some baby steps you will able to get down to where you before. Don't try to overwhelm yourself all at once cause you'll probably freak out all at once. Just make a change or two a week.
re: I need motivation to get back on track . I went from 123.5 to 132.5 in a matter of 3 weeks.
By hummingbird
On Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:26 PM
You and I can help each other, I'm about the same as you now, I work in a fabric store over the summer and I weighed myself yesterday on the fabric scales, I'm at about 130. My bosses mum doesn't help, she brings in two boxes of doughnuts for the four of us to eat and I was bad, bad, bad yesterday I had two.

I start off so good, yogurt and fruit, apples and soft fruit and lunch is salad and fruit, an afternoon break of fruit and green tea or water all day to drink. But those doughnuts get me every time. When you put that together with no dance and upper body work instead of dance( I lift up to 1200 lbs of fabric, weigh it and put it back on the displays on average each day) it messes my poor body up!

So whadaya wanna do?

I started Pilates

ReplySendWatch