Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Stretching Photos - Members
Amazing Arch Tips
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 203, member since Sun Jul 19, 2009
On Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 PM

Hey there! I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like the appropriate spot. Okay, I am a 13 year old girl who dances at least 13 hours a week. I was born with a little arch but they weren't incredible. The pictures shows an outcome of this stretch (my feet) ! Hope this works for you!!!!

BEGINNERS!!!
1. Find a chair or something that can support most of your weight.
2. Take one foot(right) and put it on demi point.
3. From there press over on your toes so that your toenails are facing down.
4. Now slowly put your weight forward so you are stretching the top of your foot then put it back to demi point, to flat.
5.Repeat on other side.
6.Do this at least once every two days. If it hurts to bad to walk after the stretch then you are putting too much of your weight forward.

INTERMEDIATE

1. Do steps 1-4. On step number 4, instead of coming back down to the floor
bring your other foot(left) and go to demi point.
2. Keeping your weight forward, slowly press over so that both feet are stretching the top of the foot at the same time. Your should feel some pressure and stretching pain.
3. Stay there for 5 seconds then relax back down to flat.
4. This should be done once every three days. If you are in a rush you can do it once everyday.

HOPE I COULD HELP YOU!!!!!!

9 Replies to Amazing Arch Tips

re: Amazing Arch Tips
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:08 AM
Hello!

Thank you for this great advice! Some things seem really new to me.

Yours,

MisterMister

Comment #9164720 deleted
Removed by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-09-09 13:31:08 No need to thank for replies

Comment #9164721 deleted
Removed by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-09-09 13:31:29 double post

By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 AM
Do you do other exercises too?
By madseasonPremium member Comments: 1975, member since Wed Jan 04, 2006
On Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:34 PM
Hi, I am so glad that you are having progress with your arches! This is a really common stretch for dancers! One thing I would suggest when you are pointing your feet is that you elongate your toes- currently you are scrunching your toes when you point. The last photo shows a more ideal point but you are still scrunching a tiny bit- you really don't want to curl your toes. Great progress, keep it up!
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1463, member since Sat May 31, 2008
On Thu Sep 09, 2010 01:15 PM
I usually do these stretches while wearing an old pair of pointe shoes. They help to support my foot and take some of the pressure off the tops of my toes. It also keeps me from curling my toes under!
By tempsleve Comments: 505, member since Wed Jun 09, 2010
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 01:02 AM
Hi! Thanks for the tips - your arch looks amazing!

However, i'm not really sure about how to do this stretch.. so I added pictures in my post to clarify.

You know how you said to make it so that 'your toenails are facing down' do you mean like the first picture?

Or, do you mean like the second picture, because I only feel a stretch when I do the second picture.. but my toenails aren't facing down. Help!

Thanks in advance!
By ProwlingCat Comments: 12, member since Mon Sep 14, 2009
On Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:55 PM
tempsleve wrote:

Hi! Thanks for the tips - your arch looks amazing!

However, i'm not really sure about how to do this stretch.. so I added pictures in my post to clarify.

You know how you said to make it so that 'your toenails are facing down' do you mean like the first picture?

Or, do you mean like the second picture, because I only feel a stretch when I do the second picture.. but my toenails aren't facing down. Help!

Thanks in advance!

I believe she does mean something more similar to the second picture, because there the toenails are 'facing' down (as in parallel with the floor) as opposed to your first photo where your toenails are 'pointing' down, but actually facing out and not towards the floor.

I'm just a beginner so I suggest this advice very modestly, but you may not want to 'crunch' your toes down so much. I think the goal is the stretch the top of the foot, and so to do this you may want to lean your leg a bit forward as you stretch, keeping your toes more pointed than squished down. I just tried it both ways and this seems to actually give you a much better stretch.

Hope this is received well, I mean no offense, just thought this might be helpful. :)
By tempsleve Comments: 505, member since Wed Jun 09, 2010
On Mon Oct 04, 2010 01:01 AM
Oh right, that makes so much more sense - my bad. :)

I will try that! Its just that I seem to like crunching my toes for some reason.. just when I'm sitting down in general, I crunch my toes under. Its a really bad habit.

No worries, all help is ALWAYS received well, THANKYOU!!

ReplySendWatch