Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

Highland Photos - Members
Awesome new outift ... horrible pictures! pink aboyne and hornpipe
By DiscoDiva54member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 337, member since Tue Jan 29, 2008
On Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 PM

Hornpipe made by scottiedog !! I love itt ! thanks!! and aboyne vest was made by Karen Grant ! ( LOVE IT, thanks) and pladdie and skirt was bought off a fellow DDNer, seniorlady !! love them all ! thanks , just wanted to share, cant wait to wear em !

Thanks !

12 Replies to Awesome new outift ... horrible pictures! pink aboyne and hornpipe

re: Awesome new outift ... horrible pictures! pink aboyne and hornpipe
By Jennypollock1member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 519, member since Wed Feb 06, 2008
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 AM
Hello. Love your pics, Your outfits are beautiful I thought thats was a scottydog hornpipe its the same as mine. I like your lining on the vest too.

Jenny xxx
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 05:14 AM
I love the vest! It looks great with the skirt and plaid.
By scottiedog440 Comments: 1877, member since Thu Jun 21, 2007
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 07:09 AM
Love your new vest, glad it has worked out! Hornpipe looks great in the photo, good guessing on the sizing, this time Victoria worked out well as the model for fit. Those custom pants look good, I think I will add those to my patterns for tall thin dancers. Tall Girls Rule!!!
By tavcandancePremium member Comments: 457, member since Mon Nov 02, 2009
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 07:35 AM
Everything looks great on you! Too bad you didn't have that lovely hornpipe in Montreal. ;) I have one for DD from scottiedog too but haven't had time to hem the legs yet! You and my girl (the little blonde one in the white hornpipe on Sunday) will match if you ever end up competing against each other again. :)
By scottiedog440 Comments: 1877, member since Thu Jun 21, 2007
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 08:07 AM
Tavcandance-I made that outfit for Sophie quickly and posted it off the day before we left on our trip. I too am sorry it did not make it. I traced Victoria's custom pants for a little different fit, never made this style before. We had a dressmaker friend make Victoria's since the elastic stlye would not stay up on her. I think I will have to add this pattern into my regular ones. They fit so much better on those slim girls. They are a back zip with elastic and a flat darted front. They give fullness in the back but are small in the front perfect for those 5'7"+ girls that weigh next to nothing. I thnk it looks nice on Sophie. I will have to make a pair for Jenny in Scotland since her pants are quite baggy. You can see 3 more of my outfits under Jenny's post, all white!
By DiscoDiva54member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 337, member since Tue Jan 29, 2008
On Wed Aug 04, 2010 09:00 PM
Tavcandance, thanks ! will you guys ever be competing at the Montreal open competitions? By the way, your DD is an amazing dancer ! her leap step in the ST is crazy good ! those legs just bounce right up !

see you soon
By tavcandancePremium member Comments: 457, member since Mon Nov 02, 2009
On Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:08 AM
scottiedog: that style looks great on the tall, slim girls! Mae has the slim part but most definitely has a way to go on the tall part! :D She looked like a peanut in her 12&Over category in Mtl!! You are doing a great job with your costumes and we have passed on your name to our dance school mates and will be coming back to you when we need another costume. :)

Sophie: thanks for the compliment on Mae's ST, wish the judge had like it as much as you. :D She always placed well in the ST in beginner and novice but not so well in Int. Leaps are her "thing" but it's her lazy feet we have to work on...oh what she would give to have been born with bendy feet. :P We had an amazing time in Mtl with my Mom tagging along so we have decided to put more comps there on our agenda! I haven't been to Mtl in such a long time so it was lovely to get reacquainted with that gorgeous city. And the smoked meat. :D

Will you be at the Almonte or Arnprior comps later this month? If so, we will see you there. :)
On Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:56 AM
I wasnt planning on going, but I just called my friend ( the other one your DD was dacing with)and we might go ! We dont normally compete in ontario, we have had bad experiences at our other comps and everyone is just so good there! we dont practice enough to be as competitve as most of them are ! but hey, im in intermidate I better do as many as I can ! Ill ask my mom if we can go, or worse comes to worse, ill make it an adventurous road trip with my friend and I will drive there !

I will keep you posted ! :)
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 PM
Sophie, you are hilarious. Come to Ontario! It's not THAT scary. I'll be at both competitions (although not dancing at Almonte), so I'll see you guys there if you come.
By emuhighland Comments: 108, member since Wed Sep 15, 2010
On Tue Sep 21, 2010 02:21 PM
absolutely beautiful outfits love the vest lining thanks for sharing
By HighlandFireGirl Comments: 65, member since Wed Oct 06, 2010
On Wed Oct 13, 2010 08:45 PM
LOVE the lining on your vest.
Nice hornpipe
By heathersmam Comments: 59, member since Mon Aug 25, 2008
On Mon Oct 18, 2010 08:35 AM
Nice outfits, love the lining in your vest and the colour is gorgeous.

ReplySendWatch