Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Stretching Photos - Members
legs not flexible!!! ugh!
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 203, member since Sun Jul 19, 2009
On Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 AM

So, I am a 13 year old girl with amazing leg strength, but I have very very little flexibility. It doesn't help when my knees won't straighten fully and i have tendonitis. This picture is the best one of my leg holds. My leaps are good, but not fantastic. I have been dancing for 5 years now, and I just can't get lose when I stretch.

Do you guys have any tips for leaps, jumps, and leg holds??? Thanks sooo much!!!!!!

4 Replies to legs not flexible!!! ugh!

re: legs not flexible!!! ugh!
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 AM
Hello!

I have a similar problem. My splits are OK, but it is not easy for me to do such thing - even to reach the floor with not bent knees and from standing position.

Did you get my message by the way?

Yours,

MisterMister
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:58 AM
Thank you for your pm. I cannot reply again:

"•dancegirl300 is blocking private messages"

What shall I do?
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:22 AM
Did you get all your flexibility because of your stretching or is a part from nature?
By madseasonPremium member Comments: 1975, member since Wed Jan 04, 2006
On Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:43 PM
Be sure you hold all of your stretches for at least 20-30 seconds and *relax* into the stretches- NEVER bounce. Also, repeat your stretches three times or more. Take deep breaths and allow your body to give into the stretches. Be persistent and stretch every day.

I find it best to warm up (by jogging in place, doing jumping jacks etc) for 5 minuets before I stretch and then stretching for 30 min twice a day. When I was a contortionist I stretched for about 2-3 hours daily but I have found that currently 30min to 1 hour is plenty to maintain my flexibility for my job as a dancer. Warming up first gets the muscles ready and warm. Please remember to NEVER bounce in stretches and HOLD your stretches while focusing on relaxing. PM me for more info if you'd like. Best of luck!

ReplySendWatch