Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Career goal = met!
By iredamhsa4member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 09, 2010 02:07 PM

Through my four-year dance career, my main goal was to attain my solo dress and, therefore, make it to Prizewinner. Two competitions ago, my teacher allowed me to get my solo dress and while that was exciting, I felt like it was kind of a "given" since I'm retiring at the end of this summer. So I got my dress last week (which I absolutely love and couldn't be happier with), and attended a Feis this past weekend. At this feis, I got a first in both my Novice hornpipe and reel, which now only leaves my slip jig in novice. I have one more feis before I retire and I'm so thrilled that I not only reached the goal but I can live it out as well.

I've been wondering if this was really my time to retire, since I feel so at home with it. But now that I've reached my goal I really feel it's right and I'm more "at peace" with the idea of leaving this great part of my life. I just wanted to share this with all of you, because I knew you'd understand :)

4 Replies to Career goal = met!

re: Career goal = met!
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Mon Aug 09, 2010 02:26 PM
Congratulations on meeting your goal! If you develop further goals, I hope you achieve them.
By Celtic_mystique
On Mon Aug 09, 2010 04:40 PM
Thanks so great! Congrats!!! And remember: you're never too old to get back into dancing if you decide to pick up dancing again for enjoyment! :)
By irishdancer10176member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 09, 2010 05:45 PM
Omigoodness you really did AWESOME! Your dress is AMAZING! I love it!! Congrats!
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 10, 2010 06:16 AM
Congratulations!! It always feels so great to work hard and achieve a goal, so well done to you! :)

ReplySendWatch