Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Question about my Leotard
By kaiba101
On Tue Aug 10, 2010 06:25 PM

Hey guys I have a question about my leotard that I am planning on getting. My local Zammuel Ballet School that I plan on attending soon told me that leotards are not required and that you can just wear a T-shirt over footed tights. But meh I don't want to wear a t-shirt because I'm afarid that it will keep lifting up when I dance. So do you think they would allow me to wear a black leotard instead? Plus leo's help keep a guy's dance belt up.

4 Replies to Question about my Leotard

re: Question about my Leotard
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Tue Aug 10, 2010 08:43 PM
Kaiba

It's quite understandable for a new dancer to ask questions about what to wear, and you've received lots of good advice from the members of dance.net.
Unless your ballet studio requires certain colors, I'm sure they'll be just fine with whatever you choose to show up in.
You've expressed a desire to 'fit in' and the best way to do that is to keep your dancewear on the conservative side until you are good enough to flaunt it. A leotard of any color will give you some extra support, but your dance belt should fit tight enough to perform that function without any additional help.
Now it's time to concentrate on learning exactly how to do a plie'!
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Tue Aug 10, 2010 08:47 PM
kaiba101 wrote:

... plus leo's help keep a guy's dance belt up.

That's a solution to a problem I don't believe too many guys have ever had.
By kaiba101
On Tue Aug 10, 2010 09:53 PM
Doctor_Dancebelt wrote:

kaiba101 wrote:

... plus leo's help keep a guy's dance belt up.

That's a solution to a problem I don't believe too many guys have ever had.

O.O Oops hahaha I meant to say that a leotard helps hold up the tights lol. That came out the wrong way lol!! Thanks I'll definitely edit that one.
By se81ballet
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 AM
kaiba101 wrote:

O.O Oops hahaha I meant to say that a leotard helps hold up the tights lol.

no, cause guys generally wear leotards under tights, not over

ReplySendWatch