Forum: Ballet / Costumes

Costumes
Does anyone know what leotard this is? en>fr fr>en
By tinydancer304member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 210, member since Thu Sep 04, 2008
On Thu Aug 12, 2010 01:10 AM

It's from The Ballerina Project, and the dancer is named Kate.

6 Replies to Does anyone know what leotard this is?

re: Does anyone know what leotard this is? en>fr fr>en
By emilyballerina Comments: 20, member since Sun Jul 18, 2010
On Thu Aug 12, 2010 08:21 PM
Looks to me like maybe a Yumiko or similar.
I suppose you could go to a dance shop and ask if they have seen any leotards like it or might know what brand it is.
Good luck!
By forestfaeriemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 151, member since Tue May 26, 2009
On Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:51 PM
it definitely doesn't look like a yumiko, but it looks like it could be an older model of a lolastretch leotard.

maybe you could message The Ballerina Project's facebook and ask them if they knew or if they could ask her.
By WoodPigeon Comments: 511, member since Wed Dec 05, 2007
On Fri Aug 13, 2010 09:55 AM
^ Agree, it does SO NOT look like Yumiko. And not only because of the missing label at the side...
By DanceOfTheHeartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1591, member since Sun Sep 03, 2006
On Tue Aug 17, 2010 08:12 PM
If Dane didn't credit the wardrobe in the photo, it's probably the dancer's own leotard she got somewhere. I also though that this was an American Apparel ad haha

If anything it looks like something LuLuLemon would make but I doubt it.

~brooke~
By alibee Comments: 6, member since Wed Jan 06, 2010
On Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 PM
I was wondering this as well, so I did a bit of poking around their Facebook site and in another photo with this dancer, they credit LOLAstretch for the leotard. forestfaerie, you were right! It's in the album Ballerina Project #3 (sorry, I'd post a link but it didn't seem to work).

It's gorgeous! Though I just checked their website and it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Hope that helps! :)
By nycsylphmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2083, member since Sun Jan 11, 2009
On Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 PM
Alibee -

Thanks for the good detective work in tracking that down!

It's really gorgeous - love the color!

I also went on the site and saw this scrunch it leotard.

lolastretch.com . . .

The back seems low cut just like the photo - and it's sleeveless. I'm wondering if it's Scrunch It in Baltic? It looks like she put a top under it?

It does seem to have the same silhouette.

Tinydancer304, I'm sure you could email LolaStretch. They'd probably be more than happy to help you!

Hope this helps.

ReplySendWatch