Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

lying down with dance belt
By asiandancer111
On Sat Aug 14, 2010 01:31 PM

nobody seemed to have brought up this problem
but since you're supposed to pull up your goods into the pouch of your dance belt
doesn't it hurt to lie stomach-down on the ground?

8 Replies to lying down with dance belt

re: lying down with dance belt
By jly_dance
On Sun Aug 15, 2010 07:27 PM
YES!!! it does. in class one time, we had to lie down on our stomachs and do back exercises IT WAS PAINFUL!
By luv2plie
On Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 AM
Yes it does hurt but we all get use to it!

Keep on dancing!!

Kev
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 AM
Lying on your stomach for back stretches can concentrate all your upper body weight right on your dance belt. If it really bugs you, a rolled towel on either side will take the pressure off.
re: lying down with dance belt (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 PM
OMG, I have never seen anyone roll up towels to lie down in a dance class. And if any of my students told me they couldn't lie on the ground, I'd probably just kick them out of class. Modern dancers roll around on the ground in dance belts with no problems. I, personally, have done many, MANY fish flops in a dance belt - and that rolls right over your junk. In all my years teaching, I have never seen so many guys as concerned with underwear and nutsacks as there are on DDN. If you can't lie on the floor without squishing your testicles, you are an idiot (and probably a liar).

A dance belt is JUST FREAKING UNDERWEAR. Athletes who wear jock straps also have to wear their junk upwards. But have you ever heard a football player complain that they can't stretch without crushing their penises? No. Only the guys on DDN. If women can figure out how to work around their boobs, I should think you guys can figure out how to work around your damn balls.

Can you tell I'm really tired of this eternal (and frankly, kind of pervy) dance belt conversation?
By adsum
On Tue Aug 17, 2010 09:11 PM
I avoid doing backups on the floor. I agree that some people talk too much about the topic, but I don't let it get to me.

The deal is, you can't really do a backup properly on bare floor in a dance belt. Rolling is different, you can shift weight to your hips and avoid all the weight in one spot. I don't think this is crazy. That is why gym equipment for doing backups has padding on two sides, none in the middle.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 17, 2010 09:54 PM
Whatever. Y'all are full of it. Take a modern class, and see if you're allowed to get out your ridiculous towels.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:59 PM
I agree, doing that movement is a problem, with or without a dance belt.
By Nutcracker_Boy
On Fri Aug 27, 2010 06:13 AM
Edited by Nutcracker_Boy (76805) on 2010-08-27 06:16:48
Edited by Nutcracker_Boy (76805) on 2010-08-27 06:18:56
Once PANIC speaks, we'e all supposed to shut up and acknowledge that his is the one and final word on every topic. How many of his 8000+ posts use the word "perv"? Gee, for that matter, who was the author of the post on the guys PG13 board about penises?

8000+ posts! Someone needs to get a life.

ReplySendWatch