Popular Ballet

Making my own barre? by AimeeLaF
Hello all! I've been thinking of having a barre at home. I looked around and have found that...

Forum: Arts / Photos - Members

Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3
re: Meeting celebs! en>fr fr>en
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 7989, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 01:20 PM
My guys ex worked as a stage manager for Rod Stewart. I haven't met him though.

I was on the same plane as Robert De Niro when I was a little kid. My mom went gaga over him, but I didn't really have a clue.

My uncle won survivor once, but that isn't like a real "celebrity".

My really good friend was also on The Bachelor and she made top 3.

My dad meets celebrities a lot in LA, because he goes to the VIP Executive lounge at the airport.( He flies so much for work. He is gone about half the year )

He just saw Paula Abdul on his last trip. Granted he doesn't become best buddies with them or anything, he just makes small talk with them.
By Ampersandmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2702, member since Fri Aug 29, 2003
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 01:49 PM
Believe wrote:

I've never really been super interested in meeting actual "celebrities"- probably because I don't really care, haha, but my best friend's auntie is friends with Owen Wilson and OMG I want to go hang out with her so I can meet him! (She's also dating the dude from Castle.. uh, Nathan Fillion?) so I guess since I've met her aunt loads of times, I've met people by association? XP Just kidding.

SWEET BABY JESUS, FOR REAL?! So jealous. I have been in love with him ever since seeing the series Firefly. I nearly wet myself when I saw that he was in Castle. My friends all thought there was something wrong with me when I was trying to explain to them his awesomeness, using his performance in Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog as my main piece of evidence. I don't get real fan girl over celebs much, but if I could meet him, I think I might just melt from a handsomeness overload.
By pondflyPremium member Comments: 1099, member since Thu Dec 24, 2009
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 02:39 PM
Here's my list to the best of my memory.
Ozzy and his wife, Slipknot (before they were popular), Went to HS with some of the Pumpkins (met all of them many times), Rob Zombie and his wife, Willie Nelson, Gene Simmons, Danny Trejo, Tom Savini (is an egomaniac until he knows you), Sid Haig, Bill Mosley, George Romero, Sam Rami, Burce Campbell, The last surviving munckins, Robert Englund, Topol, Ron Cheney, Dave Chihuly, Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson), Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, Les Claypool, Ian Anderson, Al Jourgensen, Lt. General Russell Honore, George Bush Sr. and Junior, Capt. Al Haynes, Bill Clinton, Anthony Bourdain and some other ones I really don't want to mention

I've seen a lot of them from running our haunted house where they have wanted a tour of, had backstage passes from our house or doing protective detail and some from just being in the right place at the right time.
By Believemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1842, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 03:46 PM
Edited by Believe (168514) on 2010-09-13 15:47:26
Ampersand wrote:

Believe wrote:

I've never really been super interested in meeting actual "celebrities"- probably because I don't really care, haha, but my best friend's auntie is friends with Owen Wilson and OMG I want to go hang out with her so I can meet him! (She's also dating the dude from Castle.. uh, Nathan Fillion?) so I guess since I've met her aunt loads of times, I've met people by association? XP Just kidding.

SWEET BABY JESUS, FOR REAL?! So jealous. I have been in love with him ever since seeing the series Firefly. I nearly wet myself when I saw that he was in Castle. My friends all thought there was something wrong with me when I was trying to explain to them his awesomeness, using his performance in Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog as my main piece of evidence. I don't get real fan girl over celebs much, but if I could meet him, I think I might just melt from a handsomeness overload.

Yeah, man haha. I honestly had absolutely no idea who he was until her aunt started dating him.. I don't watch that kind of TV! Although I did watch Buffy... had no idea he was on it, haha. I kind of want to meet him just to say I have. Hopefully her auntie will bring him when she comes down this year, but he's a really busy guy (Kelsey was trying to get her aunt and Nathan to come down for our graduation, but he was filming something or other at the time).
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6304, member since Tue Dec 03, 2002
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 04:04 PM
Renae, you met Dick Van Dyke, I am super jealous. I always thought he seemed like a lovely guy and you confirmed it.

I've met a few Scottish celebrities and a few footballers nothing to exciting.

Helen
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5645, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 04:13 PM
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2010-09-13 16:22:34
Believe wrote:

I've met a lot of band people no one has ever heard of haha. I mostly came in to back Claire up, I've met Madina Lake a few times, and oh my god, I don't think I've ever met more genuine, sweet guys.

Haha. Thanks for that! Aren't they just adorable!? I worked on a street team for their old record label which was how I got to meet them. They actually came down to meet us and were SO thankful for what the team had done for them. I was really taken a back by their kindness and how nothing was too much trouble for them, pictures, autographs, etc. I'm usually really starstuck when I meet band members, but they made everyone feel so welcome and so comfortable. It was nice to have a normal conversation with them. I was supposed to meet them a 2nd time (again through the street team), but the meet and greet ended up being cancelled 'cause Dan broke a cymbol on his drumkit in soundcheck, and they had to find a shop to buy a new one. (That's the gist of the story I got anyway) And they also had an interview to do. It sucked as I was going to get them to sign a squeaky rubber duck.

Pondfly, Al Jourgensen is from Ministry, right? Your list is awesome. SLIPKNOT!? wow!

And OMG, Renae, you met ALICE!!!??? He seems like such a lovely genuine person. I was looking at some interviews of him talking about his wife and I was saying to my friends, find me a younger version of him! haha.

Claire.
On Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 PM
^ Yes, Al from Ministry. I caught his last concert ever played, a little over a year ago and I was brought in the side when as I had asked for handicapped access for my knee injury, the bouncer was an officer I had trained before.
Just before the concert one of the band personnel handed me a pass and asked me if I wanted to go backstage. I did after the concert as the Hard Rock main floor has great view of the stage.
Fantastic person, had a great time talking about how I went up through school listening to his music.

The guys from Slipknot I met on their first Ozzfest before they were popular and we had back stage passes from the radio station we advertised on. They saw our shirts from the haunted house and asked how it was. We told them that we were #1 in the state and asked if they could drop by in two weeks when we were open for a private viewing.
We never told our actors and after the placed closed for the night they went through while everyone was still in place. It was the same with Zombie, ICP (OK persons, Stupid idiotic fans) and several others on the list over the years.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5645, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Tue Sep 14, 2010 03:34 PM
That's a cool story, and awesome that you got to meet him. I ended up attending Ministry's last ever UK show by accident. Basically, the support act had a headline show earlier in the year, but had to cancel it as their singer was ill. As it happened, they ended up supporting Ministry, so we got in with these tickets from the cancelled show that had cost £6. I was completely blown away by Ministry. I'd never heard of them prior to that show, but it was amazing. I caught Tony Campos' (bassist) plec. That was the first one I ever got. :D

Claire.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11064, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Tue Sep 14, 2010 08:04 PM
This is my friend (on the far left) with some scruffy British guy who passed through town and stopped at her bar. People say he's a celebrity or something, though I've never heard of him. ;)

Dani
By highlandrebelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1133, member since Fri Jul 06, 2007
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 03:46 AM
^ *SPARKLES*
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11218, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 05:41 AM
Cedric!! *sighs wistfully*

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By lundsay_lindzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3760, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 06:21 AM
So I have met:
-Corey Taylor (from Slipknot/Stone Sour) - I was all swoon :P
-Matt Tuck (from Bullet for my Valentine) - Me and my friend were lucky enough to meet him before a gig, he even shared his bottle of coke with us, good times :D
-wiL Francis (from Aiden)
-Funeral for a Friend, the full band who were hilarious
-Tom Higgerson (from Plain White T's), he was lovely
-I also sat next to Debbie Harry on the bus that takes you over to the plain when I was going to New York, she's pretty cool
I've met a few other bands too
Lindz
xxxx
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 09:14 PM
I got a pleasant surprise from my dad this afternoon. While he was helping me do some work at my house (I still can't do too much from surgery) we started talking about the two concerts we're going to next week. Roger Waters doing Pink Floyd the Wall (very expensive tickets) and Jackson Browne.

My dad went to school with Keith Moon (Who) and David Gilmour (Floyd) at different times, and used to see them play in the old underground bomb shelters. Somehow, I don't quite know yet, but he said that we would be picking up VIP passes and will have a chance to meet the band Monday night.

I guess I could handle missing a couple classes Monday evening to enjoy some good music and a chance to meet some of the band members as there is a very good chance that David Gilmour will also show up.
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:55 PM
Ziggy Marley- I actually was on his tour bus. Walked in and sat a few minutes. Could not stay for much longer as the smell of the wacky tabacky was so strong. He was really nice and my sis got an autographed T-shirt out of it.

Also met the Fugees. The main singer (I think her name is Lauren) is super tiny.

I also met Michael Goorjian (Justin on Party of Five) on a set for a movie called Beloved Red. I was an extra. He was super nice!

Po
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8863, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Thu Oct 28, 2010 01:12 PM
I'm not the celebrity-adoring type. I figure that they're people, just like me, so I don't fawn over them.

Nobody knows who they are, but I've met all the members of Eisley three or four times, and most recently I got to meet Max Bemis (of Say Anything). He's Sherri's husband (she's the lead singer of Eisley) and was just chilling at their concert.

Oh, and even more obscure, but I got to chat with Trevor Hall and get a picture with him. It was VERY cool, he's nice.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5215, member since Thu Feb 18, 2010
On Thu Oct 28, 2010 02:59 PM
I met one of the character from the Musical Wicked, yesterday. She was in a few of the ensembles and was an understudy of Elphaba and another character. She went to acting school with my drama teacher and she's soo nice. Though, being me, I can't remember her last name. It's Johanna...something...lol
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2410, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Fri Nov 19, 2010 02:41 AM
Edited by boleyngrrl (156471) on 2010-11-19 02:44:23
alwaysonmytoes wrote:

New York City, Upper West Side! I'm here for college. ;)

Do you go to Barnard (off topic but it's late and I'm distractable.)

I met Sean Connery in an elevator ride when I was in CA for the Rose Bowl in... '98 I want to say... I also have met Christopher Paolini (author of Eragon), who was a bit snobbish but not overly annoying. He was a nerd, and I mean that in a good way. I've also met guys in lots of Irish-american bands. Oh and the LA Galaxy was staying at the same hotel as me last year in Boston (I met like 2 on another elevator ride but heck if I can remember which ones... I was like "hawh abs.... :D") And I think that's it... but I really can't remember for sure.
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2895, member since Thu Aug 17, 2006
On Fri Nov 19, 2010 01:12 PM
^ Indeed! I'm shocked that you've heard of it. :P
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2577, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 08:59 AM
Well I met all of Motion City Soundtrack earlier this year. I was standing on the stairs of the gig waiting to get out when I turned around and Justin Pierre was stood next to me. Hence why I look so stunned and overexcited in the picture. I was stupidly starstruck and rambled like an idiot whilst my boyfriend kept really calm and cool :?

We then stood around in the foyer chatting to them all about Birmingham and Oxford and they were so kind and let us have our picture with them. BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!

I also went to a book signing/lecture with Torey Hayden (author) and she was super nice and gave me a load of advice about working with troubled children.

I once sat in the same tube carriage as Jamie Oliver before he was really famous. He asked my brother where he got his jacket from lol!

Oh and me and my boyfriend once met some of Bowling for Soup in a chip shop after a gig. That was a weird one!

MOOM
By dancinislife0607member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1422, member since Sun Apr 16, 2006
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:27 AM
I haven't met anyone super famous...Renae, I am SO jealous of you. I would LOVE to meet Dick Van Dyke. Well, and a bunch of the other people you've all mentioned, too. I wish I lived somewhere like NY or LA where I could see celebs all the time. Especially if I lived in NY and could totally geek out about everyone on Broadway :P But I have met Suki Schorer (only famous in the ballet world, of course), and if any of you saw Phantom of the Opera or the revivals of Company, Cyrano, or Cabaret on Broadway, Fred Rose is my dad's cousin. But that might not mean anything to anyone :P

My cousin's aunt (but she's not technically related to me, which somehow confuses people) is the national PR rep for Macy's so it's her job to go meet famous people, so I'll sometimes hear stories about the day she spent with Madonna or Beyonce or whoever is doing something for Macy's that week, lol. But I've never met any of them :(
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33905, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 PM
I forgot a couple;

I met Luke Bryan, the country singer. Dude was destined to be some sort of performer - really large personality. He also has teeth that I suspect are veneers, because they are the biggest, whitest teeth I've ever seen.

I've also done phone interviews with Richard Blais and Brian Malarkey of seasons 4 and 3 of Top Chef, respectively. I interviewed Richard first, and I went "Just to get it out of the way, I'm really nervous..."

He responded "Why? I'm just a guy."

Both of them are insanely smart about what they do. The small talk with Brian was really awkward. I think it was a combination of a couple of things, but it was really awkward. Once I got into the meat of the interview, it went much smoother.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7007, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 PM
I met Brian Molko from Placebo at their Perth show this year. I took a crappy work experience job helping their stage crew bump out because of the slim chance I'd get to meet them, and we did :D he kind of just said hi and smiled shyly at all of us then left, but my god he is cute.

I've also met Peaches Geldof. My flat mate won a 'day with peahes geldof' competition in 2007 and took me as her extra person. She was such a sour lemon. We all got over her pretty quickly and focused on the free food and booze. She ended up leaving the party early via the backdoor with one of the waiters anyway, it was all over the tabloids.

I am just biding my time to meet Hugh Jackman. He trained at the same performing arts school that I am at, and he regularly comes to visit campus when he is in the country. One of my friends in 3rd year has a photo of her and him on his last visit 2 years ago when she was in 1st year. The theatre has his chalk signature and graffiti all over it too.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11218, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 01:49 AM
When you meet Hugh Jackman, can you please give him my number?

Erin.
By AussieLauramember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1129, member since Sun Mar 07, 2010
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 02:39 AM
I met Hugh Jackman when they were filming "Australia" (I was in Darwin). I also saw Nicole Kidman that day too :)

My cousin danced with Hugh Jackman once at a party before he was really famous!
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 04:05 AM
I just re-read my first reply to this thread and realised that I forgot to mention that I met Sam Worthington.

I can't be bothered retyping the whole story again, so I will just copy and paste it from another place where I told it here on DDN (in a discussion about Avatar, if anyone is wondering)

I wrote:

Years ago, I worked at a theatre (like a proper stage and curtains theatre, not a cinema), and the theatre I worked at was the venue for the opening of the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF). The film that was shown at the opening, Somersault, had Sam Worthington in it.

Towards the end of intermission, I was in the dress circle bar handing out plastic cups because the theatre had a rule against taking glassware back into the auditorium, for people to pour their wine or beer into, and when I offered him his cup, I got to talking to him. He asked me what I thought of the film, told me what it was like making it, and thanked me for being a part of the opening.

He was really really nice to me, and it's so rad seeing him get all this success in the US film industry, because he totally deserves it for taking the time out of his evening to say hello and have a bit of a chat to an usher at the theatre. He just wasn't big headed at all and it really impressed me.

Erin.
Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch