Job: Film & TV / Actors Wanted

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Actors and Actresses that can Dance
By shutupanddance
Posted On Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:46 AM
Edited by shutupanddance (68370) on 2003-07-09 11:49:38 Time is 7-10pm but you should arrive around 6:30pm for neccessary paperwork
Shut Up and Dance
Oakland, CA, U.S.A.

Deadline:
Audition Date: September 20

Need actors and actresses for upcoming
dance film called Shut up and Dance.
Need actors with some on-camera experience.

Need 5 main actors
Need 5 principle dancers
Need 20 extras
Need 30 dancers
Audition for actors will be held
at citicentre dance in Oakland
at 1428 Alice Street on the 3rd floor
September 20, 2003

Film will be shot from January 2004-May 2004
An will be submitted to the top ten film festivals
of the country.

Dance styles
will be Tango,Salsa,Hip-hop,and Modern

For more information
please call Jaylani at 510-532-6413 or
email me at shutupanddance2004@yahoo.com

29 Replies to Actors and Actresses that can Dance

Hello
By Marika
On Sat Jul 12, 2003 07:25 PM
Edited by Marika (69022) on 2003-07-12 19:30:05 spelling mistakes
Hello, I am deeply interested in your ad for actors and dancers for your upcoming project. But I would like to know how old do you have to be to take part in this. Because my two girlfriends and I are tryin to start off our careers and we are deeply serious into starting in the business, we are between the ages of 14&15. We dance also.So f you do not mind replying back to me, it would be great. Thank you for your time. Plese get back to us. -Thank you again.
-Marianne
Hello Marianne
By shutupanddance
On Mon Jul 14, 2003 09:39 AM
The age requirement is 18 yrs old. Unfortunately,
that is a hard and fast that the director has set up
for dancers and actors in all scenes. Thank you so much
for your interest and good luck in your endeavors.

Sincerly,

Jaylani Roberts
Executive Producer
Shut Up and Dance
re: Actors and Actresses that can Dance
By dancejunkie2003
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 06:34 PM
hi there i am a professional modern dancer but would like to get into the acting thing again the only thing is i have an south african accent,is that a problem?well i am very interessted about the project so please let me know thank you so much my email address is lizellegouws@hotmail.com
By GinaJ
On Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:49 AM
Edited by GinaJ (2552) on 2003-07-16 11:49:44
Hi there I have sent you an email regarding this as I am extremely interested.

I hope to hear from you soon,
Georgina
Shut Up and Dance
By sarahwithanh
On Thu Jul 17, 2003 07:55 PM
I am very interested in your upcoming project, and would like more information on audition requirements and the filming schedule (i.e. what days/hours filming will take place). I have sent an email to the provide yahoo.com address, and you can respond to that if you so wish. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sarah
sarah_n_m@yahoo.com
Hi Sarah
By shutupanddance
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 01:28 AM
Hi Sarah
Please refer to the information listed
above regarding the auditions. Shooting
schedules will be given to the actors and dancers
that make the auditions and are picked for the film.

Thank You

Rockabye
Hello
By shutupanddance
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 01:31 AM
Please come to the audition as listed above if you are
interested in possibly being casted for the film.

Thank You

Rockabye
Info please
By Duke99
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 04:29 PM
Hi, I am deeply interested in the audition, i am a actor as well as a dancer and choreographer. In the past i choreographed a ballroom salsa routine, a fosse routine, jazz and hip hop routine, let me know about more info for the parts, please fill free to email me at rice_coleman@yahoo.com, thanks so much!
By balerinagirl
On Tue Jul 22, 2003 01:25 PM
Hello my name is anna.I am a dancer from Ukraine but now i am in Florida.i am a ballet dancer and also doing modern and jazz.i have no experianse in acting but i really interest to start acting. please replay me ,my e-mail : anna_merkulova@yahoo.com
thank you for your attention
Dance and Act
By sexyclo
On Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:38 AM
Hey
I am really concern about your ad! I have always wanted to become a actress or a dancer all my life! When I saw this ad I knew this could be my big break for my career! I am a really good salsa and hip hop dancer! I have been in a couple plays at my school such as Snow white and the Inheritance. I had the lead role in the snow white play! My theater arts teacher was just amazed at my great talent and said that Have I ever thought of becoming a actress? At that moment I relized that I could Act. Also I have been dancing since I was three! I would watch and still do watch hip hop videos to learn some sexy moves! I got the salsa dancing from my parents I would just see them dancing and dancing salsa and soon I began dancing and learning salsa from my mom ever since! So please email me back because this would mean so much to me! Thank You!!!!
Christina Lopez
Hello
By shutupanddance
On Thu Jul 24, 2003 01:38 PM
Thank your interest. If you are 18 or older please feel free
to attend the audition the information is above. An please bring a headshot and resume.

Audition date
Sept 6th & 7th
7-10
Hiphop, Modern, Salsa & Tango
1402 Park Street Alameda Ca
Alameda School of Dance

Sept 20th
7-10
Acting Audition
1428 Alice Street
Oakland Ca
Actress that can Dance!
By MdConfusionDncer
On Sat Jul 26, 2003 05:13 PM
Edited by MdConfusionDncer (69222) on 2003-07-26 17:14:51 Forgot email address.
Hi, my name is Boogie out of Oklahoma and I am very interested in your up-and-coming project. I am a dancer of fourteen years and am twenty-three years old. I fill that I qualify to the fullest and would love to hear move about it. If you will, please email me with more information and necessary requirements. I would be very overwhelmed to hear from you soon. LilMzShadow@aol.com
Thanks a bunch,

Mad Confusion Dancer
Lawton, Ok.
its me I'm the one
By str8qt
On Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:13 AM
I am a 25 f 125lbs 5'5 puerto rican and have had an agent before I worked with Actors reps in NYC. Would love to work more in the industry so if interested for an interview reach me at killaprof@aol.com - hope to hear from you soon..

Warm regards, Cindy
Hi
By shutupanddance
On Wed Jul 30, 2003 05:53 PM
Where do you live? We need people that live in or around
the bay area Cindy.

Thanks

Jaylani R
Executive Producer
Shut Up and Dance
how old
By midevilpixie
On Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:20 PM
hey my name is michelle and i have been dancing for about 5 years and i am also realy interested in your film. But how old do you need to be because i am 14 going to be 15 in november and i was just really interested so when you get the chance can you please e mail me as quick as possible so i can know!
thanks alot!
Shut Up & Dance
By Kitty2
On Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:08 PM
Hello,I am an Actress and Dancer and I would love to audition for your upcoming project. Please, Please email me with more information.
wow
By DreamOfDance
On Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:15 PM
Hey my name is Rachel. I'm not a professional dancer, nor a professional actress. But I love doing both, and I did both when i was in school. I'm 17, but I'll be 18 by the time the film starts shooting. I live in Canada, so I know this is a huge issue, but I have a question...do you think that there will be another making of a film like this "Shut Up and Dance", made in the future?...because right now I do not have enough money to get to the auditions from Canada but I will in the futur.

Thanks,
Rachel
By shutupanddance
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:33 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your interest. Please
come to the audition to be considered.
The dance auditions are on Sept 6th & 7th
from 7-10pm at The Alameda School of Dance
1402 Park Street Alameda,CA 94501.

The Acting Audition is going to
be Sept 20th 7-10pm at the Alice Arts
1428 Alice Street 3rd floor. Please
bring a headshot, resume and 2 minute
monologue.

All participants must be 18 or older.

Thank You for your interest
and I look forward to seeing you
there.

Sincerely
Jaylani Roberts
Executive Producer
Shut Up and Dance
I am interested
By DrmaQueen804
On Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:36 PM
Edited by DrmaQueen804 (72830) on 2003-08-31 12:37:36
Hello, I got the ad about you looking for actors/actresses who can dance. Well you've found one. The only thing is I saw something about it being in California and I'm all the way on the east cost. Is that a problem? If it isn't please email me at LuciousLipz804@aol.com and I will be gladly happy. Thank you for your time.
Interested in both acting and dance
By lyss
On Sun Sep 07, 2003 06:26 PM
I recently saw your ad in the dancer section, and I saw this one for acting. I have also acted for a couple years, and wouldn't mind being either the dancer or the actor! But perferably the principle dancer..ha, but who doesn't want to be principle! I can't wait for auditions! Thanks! (background hip hop, jazz, starting tango, gymnastics, ballet, tap)
By ToniNicole
On Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:35 PM
I have a few questions about the audition. Would you prefer the 2 min. monologue to be comedic or dramadic? what source would you prefer it be from i.e. play, movie, self written, something refering to dance? Thank you for your time.
Hello
By shutupanddance
On Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:50 AM
Your monologue choice is solely up to you.
The source does not matter nor the style.
Come with whatever best suits you and shows
your range in terms of emotion. Thanks for your
interest and good luck.
Very interested in acting
By chiffon24
On Tue Sep 09, 2003 09:19 PM
Edited by chiffon24 (73482) on 2003-09-09 21:21:50
I'm 5'9 24 of age med.dark brown with dark brown eyes and dark brown short hair. sexy full lips, I'm tall slim and attractive weighing at 126.with a very nice smile lots of potential and a great attitude.
very eager to learn diffrent things and willing to better myself.All I need is your extra help.please fill free to contact me at maryjanelove1@msn.com or 301-4604232 Thank You for your time.
hi
By da_cinderella1
On Tue Sep 16, 2003 05:00 AM
i definitely got ev'rything u r looking 4!!also a lil bit of experience..da_cinderella1@yahoo.com
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch