Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Good Gospel music?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 27, 2010 04:32 PM

So I'm in the forever process of filling my moms shuffle, and she wants some gospel music on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good gospel music? The closest I've got to church music on my computer is Veggie Tales. And that's probably not what she had in mind. LOL!

If it helps, her musical preference is country (like Tim McGraw and Toby Keith) and a little classic rock (like Bob Seger and CCR).

6 Replies to Good Gospel music?

re: Good Gospel music?
By flower_facePremium member
On Fri Sep 03, 2010 08:00 PM
I know nothing about gospel music , frankly, but perhaps she'd like the soundtrack from "O Brother, Where Art Thou ? " ? I think it could appeal to someone with her general musical tastes, and is very well done if you've not already given it a listen .
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 06:44 PM
My husband likes 33 Miles...they're a Christian band with a country sound. Really good, actually.

When you say 'gospel' do you mean the old timey kind or the modern stuff? I can help with the latter but not so much old gospel :P
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 08:45 PM
^^Oh, Brother Where Art Thou?! Why didn't I think of that?! That's GREAT!

^I don't really know! She just threw out that that was what she was looking for, and I was like "Schwa?" LOL...
By flower_facePremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 01:23 PM
^^ Glad it was a decent suggestion . :) I LOVED the soundtrack. It's not my usual listening tastes overall, but it blew me away, and the movie itself was great too.

My mom asks me to find music for her too . I know that feeling of " HUH ?! " when she wants something that really isn't my area. Plus, my ma is not always very specific and I get stuff like " Oh , something that sounds like that guy who was in that 70's band who were really good. He was funny looking . " (WHAT?!) But, it's my ma, so I do my best. ha ha

There's so many subcategories to try and hunt things in it gets a bit confusing /overwhelming. I got curious and found there's Praise, American Folk, Traditional, Spirituals , Gospel, Blues Gospel, Southern Gospel , etc. and that's just for starters. GAH!!

Sorry I can't be more helpful but good on you for trying to help your mom, and thanks for sparking my curiosity as I had no idea the dazzling array of Gospel/ Spiritual music out there as it's always nice to learn/ explore something different. Thanks !
By loganpinckney
On Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:21 PM
I personally love all the gospel on Oh Brother where art thou! Try some artists like Matt Maher, Todd Agnew, Third Day, Mercy Me, David Crowder, Johnny Diaz, Rush of Fools, and Britt Nicole.
By Sappersis
On Sun Sep 26, 2010 05:35 PM
BeBe Winans has some good gospel/soul music. Also there is some great stuff on the preachers wife cd.

ReplySendWatch