Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Really Bad Dream?
By xRayanexmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 04:28 AM

Okay, so Im 13 and I have dreams about monsters and really weird things you couldn't imagine but they dont bother me. At all. But last night I had a dream that my dad had to sacrifice himself to save us from this terrorist bombing there was going to be, and he walked out the door. I ran after him screaming "Please, please dont leave me!"...."Please". He didn't say anything, he just walked off. Anyone have any ideas about what this could mean?

Additional Details
I just finished reading I romance and I dont watch any of that type of TV (Makes me cry)

11 Replies to Really Bad Dream?

re: Really Bad Dream?
By Anon1234567890member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 04:57 AM
Dreams don't mean much...it's your brain processing things you've seen, heard and said during the day, even if you didn't know you'd seen or heard them. And they're all mashed together without any thought to a realist or meaningful narrative, intermingled with memories and imagination.

I don't think it means a thing, to be honest.
By xBallet_babex
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 03:57 PM
Dreams can be a brains way of processing a problem or like ^ said a mix of snippets from the day, memories, imagination, etc. I have strange dreams a lot and I used to think they might mean something but 9/10 times, they don't. I think some dreams can have some meaning, but not like if you dream X it means Y. I think a general theme, solution to a social situation, some people even figure out a troublesome math problem in their dreams...but I don't think you need to worry about figuring out the possible meanings of dreams, it will be obvious or not there. In this case, I would say not there.
By JavaChip
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 06:05 PM
I have to agree with Louise and Ballet_Babe. I don't think there is really any hidden meaning in your dream other than that maybe you were thinking about your dad when you fell asleep that night. That happens often with me, if I am thinking about someone when I fall asleep, they often show up in the dream. But as far as how they show up and what happens- I wouldn't read too much into that. Other times completely random people will show up in the dream.

I definitely don't think you have anything to worry about as a whole though.
By amichelle523member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 07:57 PM
I have crazy horrible vivid nightmares all the time. The other night, I had a dream it was the apocalypse and the world was being taken over by demons...and it was INTENSE, there was a lot of crazy paranormal stuff. I've also had dreams about sacrifice, it's been a while, I think my dad was supposed to sacrifice my brother for some cause or another. As long as you're not waking up in panic attacks and it's not causing you severe distress or impairment during the day time, don't worry about it...I guess we're just weirdos ;)
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 08:06 PM
I also not believe dreams mean anything. I have the weirdest dreams people have ever heard. I have been told often I should start a series on youtube and remake my dreams. I have had everything from, getting kicked out of camp and then sneaking back in to eat and then flying away on a picnic table when we got caught and it ended with me flying on my picnic table beside harry potter on his broom, to , running/flying (as if there were little gravity. Like walking on the moon) through a forest with nick jonas and then finding a secret spot and me nearly kissing him just to have a talking cat show up and ruin it and then I kick the cat out and then I go to kiss nick but he is eating crackers out of the fridge.

Mine are all weird.
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 01:44 PM
Edited by Piano_on_Pointe (209233) on 2010-09-04 13:47:10
I don't really believe there is hidden meanings to dreams. But if you're really interested, you can look up dream dictionaries on google, like sleeps.com . . . or dreammoods.com . . ..
You just look up key terms in dreams and they'll tell you the "interpretation" whether it's true or not, I don't know.
By kandykanePremium member
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:54 PM
I just had a dream a few nights ago that my high school drama teacher (who I have not seen in almost 30 years) was murdered right in front of me. There were some other people killed, too. In a beauty shop. I had some kind of something that the bad guys wanted and they were going to kill me, too if I didn't give them whatever it was. So I look and look all around this destroyed beauty shop and can't find whatever the thing is and in the end I realize my baby son is missing (Now, my son is 23 years old. :? Mean something significant? I doubt it. Just an overactive night brain and maybe the rerun of Ghost I watched recently.

kk~
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 PM
If you want to go to basic symbolism, it sounds like you admire your dad and want him to pay more attention to you.

Dreams are pretty much just random firings of neurons. I have very vivid dreams every night and I remember them well the next morning. They don't make any sense, they're just a random conglomeration of ideas.

But if you're going to interpret a dream, you want to analyze it like you'd analyze symbolism in a book. Your dad is doing something important, so you must have a pretty good opinion of him. You are calling to him to stop what he is doing and stay with you - you're afraid for him to go, you want him to pay attention to you.

If your subconscious is saying anything, in my humble best guess, it's saying you wanna spend more time with daddy :)
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:19 AM
Edited by toroandbruin (202876) on 2010-09-06 00:20:14
I agree with everyone else that most of the time dreams don't mean anything. However, if you have one which sort of sticks with you it could mean your subconscious is trying to tell you it is worried about something.

Sometimes people and things in a dream are what they seem to be but sometimes they're not. Now, I think that cut and dried lists of what various things mean as "symbols" can be totally wrong. It depends on the individual. For example, for one person a tree, since it is shady and sheltering, might symbolize a parent. For another person a tree might symbolize a challenge because, when young, she (or he) worked hard at gaining the strength necessary to climb trees with the other kids.

So your father, in your dream, might be himself; however he might symbolize something or someone else -- maybe even a part of yourself! Are there any big changes coming up in your life? Anything new you are doing which involves leaving some other aspect of your life behind?
By vickietommes
On Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:55 PM
Edited by vickietommes (312343) on 2018-08-21 22:58:51 i added wrong place for ppl to refer too
Edited by vickietommes (312343) on 2018-08-21 23:00:26 had wrong markup sorry
I had a really bad dream once too and i read on a place called
astrology junction that there is not just a psychological aspect to it it is like something meaningful that can predict your future. i dont know where that article is but if anyone can find it just tell me. Also i want to add my avatar here, the upload isnt working, let me know how to add it.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 28, 2018 08:35 AM
This person is 21 now. Just thought I'd make us all feel old.

ReplySendWatch