Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - General

adv turns ,jumps, leaps
By llldancinangels
On Wed Sep 08, 2010 08:28 PM
Moved to Jazz - General by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-09-15 18:57:24 You should have a better audience for your question here.

could you please help me ,I need the names and descriptions of some adv jumps , turns and leaps you have learned over the years....combos welcome as well thanks

8 Replies to adv turns ,jumps, leaps

re: adv turns ,jumps, leaps
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:26 PM
Why do you need to learn the names of these advanced moves? If you want us to teach them to you, you've come to the wrong place. I haven't seen a single person on here advocate teaching dance online. Quality classes are infinitely better.

However, if you explained your purpose, I would probably help you.
By llldancinangels
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 AM
I never asked you or anyone to teach dance online .. there are plenty of websites for that . I was just curious what other people around are doing in there adv jazz classes and if we called things differant names thanks but no thanks ...
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 PM
I think part of the problem is that you posted this in the "professionals" board, meaning you only want the responses of paid jazz dancers, instead of the Jazz-General board where anyone would be free to comment.

If you want answers only from professionals, say so. If you want to open up the pool to more answers, mod your first post and ask the mods if they can move it to a more appropriate forum.

I'm not (and I don't think kicklinequeen is either) supposed to post on this board because it's for the professionals, just like guys-only are just for guys and girls-only are just for girls.
By llldancinangels
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 01:23 PM
thank you
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 06:46 PM
I apologize for my tone in my last post. I just looked over it and realized that I came off as really abrasive and rude. But I have seen so many people ask to be taught dance online, and some have gotten hurt pretty badly because of bad technique. Also, when these people ask to be taught online, it feels like a slap in the face to all of the people who work so hard and dance so many hours a week to perfect these techniques. I think if you worded your post differently, with a reason for the request of the terms, it might have made more sense.

Again, I'm so sorry for my tone in my first post. If you'd still like responses, I would be happy to tell you what my advanced class is doing. :)
By llldancinangels
On Sat Sep 18, 2010 03:07 PM
thats ok and yes i still would like to know what your adv classes are doing thanks
By KBL
On Sat Sep 18, 2010 06:20 PM
Are you a dance teacher looking for inspiration to spice up your usual combos? Or are you a dance student looking to get new information and maybe challenge yourself with some new moves? You still haven't told us why you are seeking this info, which can be a bit of a turn off, honestly. Please give us that info.
A (somewhat) advanced combo I might give:
fan kick Right, w/ the body laid to the opposite side, step into 4th plie for turn prep (turned out), double or triple pirouette en de hours, step out of pirouette into roll on floor (downstage) to stand, chasse, step through, leap of choice (jete, saute de chat, scissor leap, staddle leap, etc.)
On Sat Sep 18, 2010 09:53 PM
My classes just started last week. My teacher did a lot of explaining her expectations for us now that we are at the second-highest level at the studio, so we really just did some technical work and a LOT of turning. One combo we did across the floor started stage left and facing downstage, step and look upstage with arms down on 1, whip forward to face downstage on releve with our arms up on 2, three fast chaines toward stage right on 3&4, step with the right foot facing stage right 5, step forward left into a turned-out fourth position plie 6, triple coupe turn 7&8, repeat.

We also did six-step triple pirouettes and a lot of grande battements across the floor. We do all of our battements on releve, unless otherwise instructed. I can't remember the exact combo we did, but we did do battements to the front and a la seconde, as well as a forced arch fan kick and some pique arabesques. We also did leg holds on releve.

In another combo across the floor, we did hinges, forced arch fan kicks, parallel pique turns with contractions, grande jetes, and pique arabesques.

I have advanced jazz on Mondays, and am so excited for my next class. It's definitely my favorite, but I love all of my classes. :D

ReplySendWatch