Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

first class! (karma: 1)
By liamsayywhaat
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 05:39 PM

my first class was Monday, and it was great! I'm in a very small class, maybe 7 including myself. I'm the only guy but I don't mind. the instructor told me she was very excited to have a boy in the class. she told me to stretch my Achilles tendons and to work on my posture, but told me that I'm doing well otherwise. I just wanted to share! :)

14 Replies to first class!

re: first class!
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Sep 15, 2010 05:52 PM
Cool, congratulations! The first class is always the hardest! Enjoy...
By luv2plie
On Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 AM
congrats!

Ballet is a lot of fun! How did you get started/interested in ballet? How old are you?

I am 42 years old and I take a lot of dance classes which includes ballet, jazz, Modern and a flex and core class.

Kev
By WillSouthMcr
On Thu Sep 16, 2010 01:40 AM
Like Kev, I started at 40 and been dancing for over 10 yrs now - best move ever and by going to different studios it can improve the standard - ever tried Yoga as well ? London Danceworks is a great place to learn. Keep Dancin ! - We need more guys in classes. Best wishes Will
By liamsayywhaat
On Thu Sep 16, 2010 08:03 PM
thanks guys! well, I've always liked to dance but I never thought I was any good. one day I was dancing in front of my friends and they were like "you're REALLY good, you should take classes." then I really started wanting to take classes. it also helps that I'm extremely flexible and everyone takes me for a dancer anyways. oh, I'm 16.
By Jerisonharper
On Thu Sep 23, 2010 03:01 PM
Congratulations on starting Ballet and welcome onboard! =)
By lego
On Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:45 PM
congratulation for your first class, I hope you enjoy it...
Don't forget to practice..
By balletlad20
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 PM
Congrats liam you'll love it. I'm starting my first class back on Monday I'll keep you all posted.

Oh btw does any one else have trouble finding ballet clothes?
By balletlad20
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 PM
Congrats liam you'll love it. I'm starting my first class back on Monday I'll keep you all posted.

Oh btw does any one else have trouble finding ballet clothes?
By liamsayywhaat
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 PM
I didn't have any problem. I just wear a black v-neck with capezio tights. all I had to do was run in town to get them.
By balletlad20
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 02:25 PM
Ah I went to a shop in north London and they said sorry they only cater for girls, but I've found some where really good now.
By liamsayywhaat
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 03:14 PM
good! enjoy your classes, I sure am!
By guyclone
On Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 AM
Balletlad, that's a pretty horrible dance store if they don't carry any mens dance clothes. They are limiting their clientele, especially in a city like London.
I'm glad you found a better store that will take care of you.
By balletlad20
On Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 AM
Yeh I was pretty shocked, the new shop (stepping out in Hemel
if any ones interested) had a few things, but the lady in the shop took me through her catalogues and got everything I wanted.

ReplySendWatch