Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Senior Girl dating a Junior boy?
By kristin816
On Fri Sep 17, 2010 02:50 PM
Moved to Girls & Guys by Chaconne (182529) on 2010-10-13 21:42:29 Moved to Girls and Guys... Guys may have views on this as well.

I'm an 18 year old senior and hes a 17 year old Junior. Is that weird that have interest in each other?

15 Replies to Senior Girl dating a Junior boy?

re: Senior Girl dating a Junior boy?
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 17, 2010 02:56 PM
Not at all. I started dating my boyfriend when he was a junior and I was a senior - we're currently 17 and 18, too. Unless he's hugely immature or something, it's not a big deal at all.

Would anyone think it was weird if the age difference was reversed, and he was older? Nope. It's an annoying double standard. I wouldn't worry about it.
By RibenaRockstar
On Fri Sep 17, 2010 02:57 PM
Course it isn't. My best friend is the school year below me (I'm a Junior and he a Sophomore) and it's fine. Seriously, don't worry about it.
By HollieErin
On Fri Sep 17, 2010 03:37 PM
My boyfriend is a year younger than me, well 360 days younger, and things are great. One year really isn't a big differerence.
By tracy16member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 17, 2010 07:50 PM
I dont think its a big deal at all. As long you like each other and are OK with the age difference, its fine!!
By allegro731member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 20, 2010 06:04 PM
They're one year apart. That's really not that big of a difference. A lot of couples are a year, or even several years apart. I think they are old enough to know if they like each other and one year should not make that big of a difference.
By DaNciNgONmyGravemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 20, 2010 06:18 PM
When I read the title of this post, I thought maybe you were a senior in college asking about dating a junior in high school. THAT might be a little weird, but an age difference of A YEAR? That's nothin, sista! Go for it if you like him, and don't let other people try to convince you that it's weird if you genuinely have feelings for the guy. Just be mindful of your state's laws about sexual activity and minors.... If it even goes there (SO not encouraging it, just saying...)

~Grave
By ticopean
On Wed Sep 22, 2010 03:54 PM
nah! it isn't a problem at all! if you guys love each other it really doesn't matter! i know a couple that were 12 years apart. But they were so in love, no body ever gossiped about them! So go for it!
By Attitude1407
On Sun Sep 26, 2010 07:37 PM
The guy I like is four years younger than me. How awful and awkward do you think I feel? :P One year is NOT much of a difference at all!!
By Attitude1407
On Sun Sep 26, 2010 07:40 PM
Orion wrote:

Would anyone think it was weird if the age difference was reversed, and he was older? Nope. It's an annoying double standard. I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't know if you would still apply this thinking to larger age gaps, but THANK YOU! Hear, hear!
By Cheybelle321
On Wed Oct 13, 2010 08:01 PM
It's all cool. It's one years difference. It doesn't matter
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Oct 13, 2010 09:48 PM
I was recently at my class reunion, my 50th, and there were at least a half dozen people there who had married high school classmates and had dated in high school wherein the girl was a year or two older than the guy. There were also a few girls there who married younger guys from the high school, but met him after graduation. All three of my sisters in laws fell into that category, two of them were a year older than the guy she went with in high school and later married. The third married a guy a year younger but they did not know one another in high school.

I also married my high school girlfriend, but I'm the one a year (and a month and a day) older.

Jon
re: Senior Girl dating a Junior boy? (karma: 1)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:43 PM
When I was in year 12, I started dating a boy who was in year 11. was 17 and he was 16. Shortly after, my Dad lost his job because the whole company shut down, America was attacked by terrorists and a war broke out in the Middle East.

Read into that what you will :P

In all seriousness, though - it's not a big deal. The world will not end. Your friends might poke a bit of fun at you - mine did - but they were just jealous and moved on pretty quickly, when Katie started dating someone who was 22.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By punkgirl59
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 01:09 AM
^ Ha!

I've only dated a guy younger than me once, and he was also just one year younger than me. It was disastrous, but that was due to his immaturity and lack of personality.

My three best guy friends have all married girls that are between 1-4 years older than they are, and they're all happy as can be.

I know it seems like it's not the norm in high school, but it's really not as weird as you think.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By DaDancingPsych
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 01:59 PM
My high school sweetheart was a year behind me. I was a senior and he was a junior. It wasn't strange at all.
By IrinauWood
On Tue Jan 05, 2021 03:15 AM
Dating in real life is mostly made by guys, but girls find it unacceptable to take the initiative yourmailorderbride.com . . .. On the Internet, you can do whatever you want. Including write a letter to the man you are interested in.

ReplySendWatch