Irish For Sale - AccessoriesPosting Rules for Accessories Boards
By oz_helen Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun Sep 19, 2010 04:05 AM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-09-19 04:08:15 Fixed markup code.
The following details are mandatory on each For Sale THREAD:
1. Photo of the item
2. Size/measurements/specifications of the item
3. Price (and if negotiable)
4. Age of the item and whether it is new or used
5. Name of manufacturer
The following details are not mandatory, but highly advisable.
6. Materials used and whether it is stoned or not
7. Details on how arrangements can be made to collect the article (eg postage or pickup from a competition)
One thread per item for sale please.
Showing multiple photos of the same item in the same thread is easily done using a free image host like photobucket.com or imageshack. Multiple threads for the same item (either intentionally done to get more attention, to bump it back onto the first page, or to show more views of the product) will be deleted.
If a listing falls off the 10th page - and ONLY then - may you re-submit it in its entirely - that means ALL the required information.
On an accessories board, multiple items may be listed in one thread, for example, five packets of eyelashes or three bags of rhinestones, and may be sold as a bundle or separately.
Posting an advert here for free is only permitted for second-hand items being sold by individuals who are not in the costume-related industry or any other industry directly related to the items manufacture.
The only exception to this rule is if you are selling second-hand merchandise whose manufacture and sale has nothing to do with your company.
Business owners MUST pay to sell their merchandise, even if the product being sold is second-hand, and even if it doesnt currently belong to them. For example if you make Bloch shoes then you must still pay to sell a second-hand pair of Bloch shoes on a customers behalf.
New items require a priority listing. Unopened & unused products are new.
Paid-for listings appear as Priority Threads whose title is in bold and will remain at the top of Page 1 for a month.
ALL threads - including priority ones - may NOT include links to company websites.
All For Sale threads are NOT to be used as advertising space (whether solely, or in conjunction with an item for sale) for ones company or a service of any kind. Sellers should have all the relevant information available in-thread so potential buyers do not have to link elsewhere for more information this includes links to Ebay shops and Ebay items!
If you buy a monthy advertisement to sell a particular item, that's it. You are NOT also paying for the right to advertise other products/your website, therefore you are not permitted to "sneak in" an ad for those products/services. Example - A paid advertisement for a pink U/12 costume is fine. But a paid advertisement for a pink U/12 costume AND a section underneath about headpieces also available at suchandsuch website is NOT. Similarly, a "please visit my Ebay shop at ________" in your post is also not allowed.
If a thread does not contain all the required information, it will be removed.
If any member sees a thread that should be removed, it would be appreciated if they would mod-report it immediately by pressing the Mod button. But someone else is doing it! is no excuse for knowingly breaking the posting rules.
Even priority threads will be removed if they do not comply by these Posting Rules. However if this is the case we will credit the DDN account with 1 priority posting, which can be redeemed the next time that seller posts an advert and mod-reports it to our attention.
LIKE ALL FORUMS ON DANCE.NET, CROSS-POSTING IS NOT PERMITTED!
Accessories belong on the accessory board unless being sold as part of a costume, in which case they should be posted with the costume on the appropriate For Sale board.
* dance.net holds no responsibility for product damage/theft for items advertised in our For Sale forums. It is entirely the sellers responsibility as to how the sale is conducted.
* It would be appreciated if sellers could lock threads or mod-report them to request their removal after their item has been sold to avoid confusion/keep the forum clean.
* Prices MUST appear on each For Sale thread. If you are not sure how much to charge you are welcome to enter in an approximate price range and the words Price Negotiable. Please also remember you can change this listed price whenever you like by mod-reporting your thread and specifying exactly what you want changed and to what.