Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Just starting Ballet and blogging about it!
By DaveTriesBallet
On Mon Sep 20, 2010 09:38 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm a 23 year old guy and I've just started Ballet class a week ago having never danced before. I've now had two classes and am loving every second of it. I've been blogging about my experiences from when I first decided to take up Ballet at davetriesballet.com and thought some of you might want to take a look. I'm aiming to document my learning so that new beginners might feel less nervous about taking up Ballet, and all you experienced dancers might enjoy a little nostalgia reading about my first time buying Ballet apparel, my first class and so on.
If you don't fancy trawling through the whole blog (and I don't blame you :P) a couple of posts you might want to look at are: Buying Ballet Apparel and First day of classÂ…

On top of that I'm happy for absolutely any advice you might want to give! Reading through all these posts shows me how friendly a community the Ballet world is and I would love any help you can give me :)

P.S. Sorry if I have done anything "wrong" in this post - this is my first time posting on dance.net so if I've made some faux pas's please let me know!

4 Replies to Just starting Ballet and blogging about it!

re: Just starting Ballet and blogging about it!
By luv2plie
On Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 AM
Welcome to the Ballet world!

Keep on dancing!

Kev
By Jerisonharper
On Thu Sep 23, 2010 03:03 PM
Its a great thing you are doing! =) Welcome onboard!
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Sep 26, 2010 09:21 AM
Great you also started ballet.
Like your blog about it!
By tellaboy
On Wed Sep 29, 2010 09:22 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2011-05-12 11:16:04 You must use capitalization and punctuation.
I am in the same boat. I just started Ballet class as well.

ReplySendWatch