Grishko 2007 vs. Grishko Pro-quite 2007
By toji_667member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 24, 2010 07:58 PM

Hello all.
My pointe shoe journey has gone like so:
Grishko 2007 (medium shank)1 year
Russian Pointes Entrada (medium-hard shank)6 months
and something Reppetto (medium shank) 1 month

Now I'm looking to go back to the Grishko 2007 but I don't know the difference of the original and the pro-quiet.
Does anyone have a similar journey to mine that has tried both 2007s?

Also, the last two shoes died because the right shank cracked at demi-pointe completely. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you in advance for responses and sorry for the scattered post. >.> kinda tired, lol.

8 Replies to Grishko 2007 vs. Grishko Pro-quite 2007

re: Grishko 2007 vs. Grishko Pro-quite 2007
By toji_667member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:26 PM
*update: the Repetto style was the carlotta

I'm going back to the fitter that gave me those on Monday to get ones that will last me until my next trip to LA (I live in Jefferson state) to get a pair of Russians and/or Grishkos

Any advice on why the wings and shanks keep breaking at demi-pointe is still useful.
By loveallegro
On Sun Sep 26, 2010 04:53 AM
I have tried the Grishko 2007, and the Pro-flex 2007, which also incorporates the 'quiet' technology of the 2007 Pro (I'm guessing this is what you mean by Pro-quiet, is that right?). I tried the Pro 2007 in the shop but didn't buy it (I went for the Proflex that time).

Personally, I thought the 2007 felt different to the Pro and Pro-flex. I know they are supposed to feel pretty much the same, but not to my feet.

I felt that the box was softer and more comfortable in the Pro models to the 2007 and the pro-flex shoes broke in much more easily in the box (the shanks were super bendy anyway, but that's why they are called flex!). They are definitely quieter. If you do lots of performances and like Grishko go for the Pro shoes.

The Pro-flex is I think my perfect shoe, but if your problem is killing shanks I doubt they'll work for you. I'd go for the Pro in a strong shank. The box on my pro-flex lasted almost a term, which is very good for me, that tends to be where I kill a shoe.

Hope this helped.
By SandDancer90
On Mon Sep 27, 2010 03:19 PM
loveallegro wrote:

The Pro-flex is I think my perfect shoe, but if your problem is killing shanks I doubt they'll work for you. q]

so true! my medium shank fouettes lasted nearly a year, but I got 2007 pro flexes and murdered them in three weeks. I haven't noticed any difference between the noise of the shoes, they're just as noisy as other shoes, in my opinion. Just my opinion.
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Sep 28, 2010 04:29 PM
There's a possibility that the shanks snapped at demi because they were too hard for you and therefore, didn't break in-- but cracked instead.

That being said-- I love Grishko 2007's. I have not tried the Pro 2007-- but a little break in can always quiet down a pointe shoe. The 2007's seem to last me a great while, which is awesome because my feet seem to eat pointe shoes for breakfast, but the 2007's have always lasted me a great deal longer than any other shoe.
By Bella_22
On Fri Oct 01, 2010 09:36 AM
I have tried a lot of pointe shoes and I always go back the the 2007's - they just seem to work the best on my feet. I have debated on ordering the pro quiet because one of the downsides to the 2007's is that they are a rather noisey shoe (really not great for stage). I think that I will order the pro quiet next time to test them out.
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 01, 2010 02:04 PM
I can only offer advice on the Pro flexes, because I've used them in the past. They're a wonderful soft shoe, but you can only dance certain things in them, and I certainly couldn't use them as a class shoe. When I learned the balcony Romeo and Juliet PDD I used the pro flexes because that variation didn't need a hard shoe, and I loooovvveeee how they require NO break in and create such a pretty line because they're so soft. When I learned a variation from Don Q, I did NOT use the pro-flexes, they would've died in about 2 seconds.

I'm not dancing as much anymore, and I don't know how far along you are in your pointe work, so I apologize if my advice doesn't help, but it might, eventually, when you're thinking of different shoes for different variations and such.
By Orianna13
On Mon May 07, 2018 04:51 PM
In my opinion they are different. I have used G2007 Pro for years. Fits me perfectly. Go the pro-quiet. The box is different - taller if you look at the shoes sideways. Like noticeably taller, so it didn't fit my feet at all. I would recommend trying them at a store first because the boxes are different.
By cara7
On Wed May 16, 2018 01:48 PM
Hi, I tried both 2007& 2007 Pro... Apart from the slightly padded platform & pleats (Poron I guess) the glue is a bit different (contains latex for more elasticity) . I prefer the original 2007s, as I found the padded platform a bit more "wobbly" than the standard 2007's platform. But the Pro is definitely more quiet. Hope this helps...
cara7

ReplySendWatch