Popular Ballet

Bloch Balance European extra padding? by poisedenpointe
Hi all, I recently got fitted for new pointes, and my Bloch Balance Europeans fit wonderfully....

Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 10 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: Lets see what happens next... en>fr fr>en
By GrinsPremium member Comments: 3429, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 03:36 AM
Your extensive travel-awesomeness is ridiculously inspiring :)
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6897, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 AM
Manda: en.wikipedia.org . . .

Gee: electric-socks.blogspot.com Though not all my travels are there, I'm working on it! Need to put up Barca, then postdate all my New Zealand adventures, but I have them online here, so that should be good. Then when I'm not working so much on getting a job, I'll be posting up places that I'd like to go, various kinds of packing, and reminiscing/possible plans for the future, and the next time I travel, blog about that. I really want to improve my writing, and work hard on travel writing that transports the reader to the places, but makes them want to go. A picture is a snapshot, and words can capture the mood, but nothing beats your own experiences.

The ice skating was fun. He text me that morning just to say good morning and ask if I had any plans for the day. When I told him that I had none and that I was going to be alone all weekend because the girls were going away for the weekend (to Caroline's flatmate's house in the South of Engurland for her birfday.) So he asked if I wanted company....

Then said that he wouldn't get through until quite late and we could just hang out or we could go on a date (after I teased him and said that he had asked me out on date months ago and we still hadn't!) and the general plan was decide when he arrived.

Then he text me to say he was leaving work and he had a plan... He wasn't going to tell me until I told him I needed to dress appropriately... I kind of would have liked to have been surprised, but I'm glad he did let me know, because I would have worn my leather jacket, and I wouldn't have been happy if I'd fallen and ripped it.

So yeah, it was lovely. Though weird, because it was teen night (Friday) and there were disco lights and teenagers. LOL!!!! Then we bumped into one of his friends. And she likes to talk. A lot. So we stood chatting to her for a good half hour or more. He introduced me to her as his friend, and she probably saw us kissing afterwards, and holding hands going round, so yeah, I'm sure she guessed we were on a date, but I'm not sure at what point she would have realised. Anyway.

It was good. It's still kind of awkward, and I don't want to sit in silence, but I don't want to talk about boring things. So yeah. Now I need to figure out what we're doing next. I'm not telling him that I want to decide what to do, I'm just going to wait and see how he contacts me next, when he next says he's free, or when he wants to see me.

I want to take a picnic up Arthurs' seat. But it will be pretty cold. I'd like to go up on the 5th of November if we can't go up sooner. Which is a Saturday night, and as he works 6 on, 3 off, in a cycle, I've worked out he's off that day. So we'll see!! Apparently there's snow due at some point in October, so yeah, it will be cold. Hmmm.

Going to dance class on Monday!!! Yayness!!! Can't wait to get some good physical activity in. Also going to pick up a programme from the dance place, because I can't figure things out with a soft copy when I can flick back and forward and hold my fingers in various pages. I'm an environmentalist, but I'd rather recycle than use my computer for that sort of thing. I can also see Jo, and find out what the craic is for other classes around the town, and get myself some sort of a schedule going for when i can dance. Not going to sign up to anything in case I wind up with a job that means I can't go to those things, but if I can at least get one class a week it would be pretty incredible.

Then going out for dinner with Caz and her mum. So that will be rather nice. Going to have to shower at dance though, but they have cubicles, so it won't be too bad!!

Also on Monday I'm going to go back to all the places that I visited this week, to follow up on what's going on, and see what I can do to find a job. And when MummyCaz turns up, I'll have my dressy coat so I can go back to the recruitment places and a few other places and see what I can do. Going to spend tomorrow looking at a few cvs that another ddn member kindly provided me with!!! (She reformatted and got a job, and she's not sure if it's coincidence, but I'm going to take every little tip and thing I can get!!!

Actually so motivated right now. It's pretty good. I really want to get myself a "proper" job.

Think that's enough of an update for today.
By GingerPremium member Comments: 1528, member since Thu Feb 14, 2008
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:10 PM
So happy for you that you've managed to make it work and get back to Edinburgh! Good luck with the agencies!
By Puss_in_Bootsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4513, member since Mon Jun 03, 2002
On Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:47 AM
Woohoo, Edinburgh!
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6897, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Mon Oct 24, 2011 08:04 AM
Having a crappy day.

Went back to all the places that I'd handed my cv into before, and none of them have had a chance to look at any yet. However they have a lot of cvs.

Handed it into a few other places. One seemed nice, once was very very very abrupt and I think she thought I was being dense, but I was rephrasing my question and she still wasn't understanding and getting kind of rude. Never mind.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to put more effort in with the recruitment agencies. This takes a lot of work, and with my degree I'm getting quite fed up with the whole thing. I just feel like I'm getting nowhere fast. Stupid economy.

I need someone to look at my cv and help me highlight the skills I have to get office experience to at least get my foot in the door. I hope my university can help to do that for me.

Then I'm going to more recruitment places through the week, and hope that I can seem employable by them.

As for the more menial jobs, last time I went looking for them they were so easy to get, because I handed my cv straight to management. This time, for some reason they're all taking in loads and loads and loads of cvs and I don't hold out much hope at all!! Arghness.

Anyway, I think going round the places today did help. Sort of.... Have a plan for tomorrow, and a plan for tonight. (Which is infinitely more fun than tomorrow...) Am going to go now... And create yet more versions of the disgusting cv in an attempt to make some employer see that I am actually employable and will be just as good, if not better than many of the other candidates. Huff.

I actually don't think the day was that crappy, it just was a little crappy near the end when I tried giving my cv to the place with the girl with the crossed wires and she misunderstood my question and when I rephrased it she still misunderstood. Hmmm. Never mind.

I will get some dancing in tonight, and I will be super happy fun times, and then I can eat, and have some nice warm clothes on (because MummyCaz is bringing them) and tomorrow will be a brighter day.
On Tue Oct 25, 2011 09:29 AM
Caz went in for her op today. We all went with her. The hospital was hot hot hot!!!

Tomorrow I'll go to the west end and see about jobsy stuff again in other places. Am waiting to hear back from university careers place.

Was chatting to caz last night in her room, trying to get her itunes sorted so she could get some audiobooks onto her iphone, and not be bored in the hospital. We were chatting about boys...

It's nice to live with Caz, to live with someone that I'm close to. Anyway.

She says that the girls tell her that she has a type, but she doesn't know what it is, and she's scared to introduce the current potential boy to the girls, in case he's not her type. We were talking about types because I mentioned about my boy, and how I'm not really sure he's my type. I'm so confused about him, because of the military thing, he's into cadets and all that. He actually knows how to shoot a gun. The kind the RAF use. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. I'm really not sure. Yet it's something that he's always done. It's so much a part of him. So I'm not sure if that's a dealbreaker or not. And also the whole "is he my type?" thing. I'm not sure either. I explained it like this: When I'm on the bus, I look out the window, and if I see a boy that I think is fit, I check him out again. (I'm such a boy in that respect. :P) Thing is, these boys are always dressed the same, and they've all got the same body type, and it's not the boy I'm currently texting etc's type. You know? Confused.com

So then I think about the boys that I've gone on dates with in the past, the boys that I've been interested in...

Ok, so there is the ginger thing. I kind of love a ginger. He has that. But yeah.

I was really interested in this ginger boy from Ireland, who was really into gaelic football, and being into that kind of community sport is really attractive. I would never want anyone who was really into football football (referring to it as soccer sounds so American!) but I like the kind of boys that are into rugby, and there are some rugby players that have the nice trim body I like.

I went on a date with a very tall boy, whose flatmate was also beautiful. Neither really the current type, but both still very attractive.

I don't know. I'm not sure I have a type in terms of the kinds of guys that I wind up seeing, but I have a type in terms of the kinds of guys that I;m very attracted to at first sight.

There's always been an attraction to a good friend. He's really good fun, and dresses nicely, he's just pretty lovely. Though as I said to Caz, not only have I no idea if he's interested in me at all, but I'm not even sure if I'm interested in him. Am I just interested in the idea of him? He ticks so many boxes. I don't know.

As for the current boy who clearly likes me, how many boxes does he tick? How many of the no boxes does he tick?? I don't know. I really don't. I'm just going to go with the flow, see how it goes. Because I don't want to feel like I've been leading him on, and if it goes somewhere, it does, and if it doesn't, at least I've not pushed him away and no harm done. Otherwise I'd really feel as though I'd been leading him on. Which is a confusing point for me. I don't know if I have. I really don't. I think if he had contacted me and I'd been in Edinburgh already, and we'd gone on a few dates, I wouldn't be as interested, but because we chatted so much (even though conversation is awkward in person still, a little) by text, it's kind of like I'm in too far already. Arrrgh!!!

Then there's the job hunt dilemma. That's a whole other story. I was thinking about it when I sat down at my computer. Feeling a bit pants. I messed up big time at university, there are so many things I could have done differently. I think that's all I need to say on that, because there's no point in regretting things. Just learning from mistakes.

Next time, when personal life is getting scary, don't let work fall by the wayside, and speak to someone about it. And update later with the rest. got to go. explain later.
On Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 AM
I approve of your appreciation for gingers :).
On Tue Oct 25, 2011 03:41 PM
^LOL!!! Bestie is ginger. As are a few relatives. I'm not though. Gutted.

Anyway... Was about to write about Learning from mistakes.

Don't let personal life get in the way of work life. In second year I went through a pretty stressful time personally, and work was piling up because I just hadn't the time to do it. So I panicked, thought I couldn't, and dropped to a different course. Urgh.

Don't get stuck too long doing anything, nor leave anything too soon. Nor should you allow yourself time to breathe if you know there's a job waiting. When I came back from France I knew there was a room waiting for me in the flat I'd left the November before, and I knew there was a job that I could have taken if I'd been back a week before I was. I waited, they didn't hold it, and because I missed out on work, I couldn't afford the flat.

Don't forget to plan for the future, budget for a time when you'll be able to earn again, and also have enough of a budget aside for 2-3 months of not being able to earn anything, to work out a plan of action, should anything else go wrong. Those 2-3 months will give you enough time to figure out if you need to apply for financial help. Thankfully, this one isn't me learning from my mistakes, it's just me learning from other things. Like moving back to Scotland, in search of full time work, and finding only part time, and not having enough savings to use that and stay to find full time.

Don't be seduced by short term promises if long term options come up closer. Well... I probably would have found it a lot easier to move back here in August than now, but because I took the job in Spain (well, at that point I was kind of being seduced by living in Spain and teaching English and doing a TEFL course and all the rest of it.)

Anyway. Reality bites, and I know that I want to live in an English speaking country. Though I'm wondering if I could challenge myself with a Spanish speaking country for a year or more. Though essentially putting my life on hold like that is not something I want to entertain, because I don't want to put everything on hold forever.

As for the abrupt exit earlier...

Caz didn't go in for her op today. She got cancelled, after sitting around in her gown for 4 hours, in a cold room, with nothing to entertain her. And a fake window. So she phoned her mum in tears, and of course MummyCaz phoned me, and we went to get her, then found out that she's actually now going in on Thursday. So at least it will be soon, it's just very frustrating for her.

Meanwhile I'm just in agony from the great dance class I took last night. Looking forward to the next one.

Also very much looking forward to a time when I can move in somewhere and be able to go shopping and buy all the things I need. Not looking forward to that big initial outlay of funds, but at least it won't be for short term. I need to get out of here, and into something more permanent. I think the fairly pants living situation (in the box room of a 5 bed flat with no window and no heating and competing with 5 others for the washing machine and a mouldy bathroom) is giving me motivation. I mean, it's great living with lovely people, but it's annoying that I am sort of in limbo. I hate limbo.

Unless you're talking the dancing kind, then that's pretty fun.
On Fri Oct 28, 2011 06:10 PM
So. Wednesday did this and that, but not that much. Thursday Caz went in for her op and got it, I did a few applications, and visited her out at the hospital. Thursday evening I got offered an interview for a marketing job.

Friday I had the interview. Went to it, not sure about the commission only thing, afterwards went along to the bar that Caz's flatmate works in. Since she'd given my cv to one of the managers there.

Long story short, got offered a trial shift, for that night, went shopping, bought some pretty bras, got home, made dinner, went out to work, and... I have a job!!!

It's a bar job, and I am not sure about the marketing one. We'll see what way that goes, but at least I now have income, and I can make moneys, and plan for Christmas and New Year.

Plan now is: Find flat (decent place, decent rent.) Once have move in date/moved in, go home with empty case, come back with fuller case, gather possessions needed for living in Edinburgh over winter, and woohoonesstimes.

Need to figure out what time off I'll be able to get over Crimbo and NY. I'm guessing I'm probably only allowed one night off, and I have yet to find out if they're expecting Crimbo to be a big night or not. Also guessing that I'd have to book it off way in advance, and all that. Will ask about that tomorrow. Want to have NYE free, but also want to spend Christmas with the fam. This year at least, what with it being Lucy's first Christmas, though really she won't even notice me not there if I'm not, but I think it would majorly offend the family if I couldn't go.

Anyway, it's very sleepytime.

Tomorrow I have to get up and carve two pumpkins, go to work at 12pm until about 6pm, then head out to Kathryn's halloween party, with aforementioned pumpkins. Also need to buy drink to bring with me. Not sure where I'm going to get what I need, might head down to Asda, because I need something green and Asda is cheap and has a good selection. Think this means I really should be up fairly early. Poo.

Goodnight all!!!
By celestia836 Comments: 1999, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Sat Oct 29, 2011 02:40 AM
Congrats on the job!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your holiday timetable.
By Puss_in_Bootsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4513, member since Mon Jun 03, 2002
On Sat Oct 29, 2011 09:58 AM
That's brilliant news about the job! Good luck with finding a place to live. Hopefully that will work out for you quickly too!
On Sun Oct 30, 2011 07:32 PM
I know... Need to figure out my plans for tomorrow... Will not get into that now!! Then I'll know more what's going on.

Also, have been surfing the edinburgh flatmates group on couchsurfing, and found a girl who seems nice from her profile, looking for 2 flatmates in a lovely area of Edinburgh, and it's about half an hour on the bus to work... Seems awesomesauce!!!

We shall see...
By mandakp Comments: 566, member since Fri Aug 05, 2011
On Sun Oct 30, 2011 08:32 PM
Congrats on the job and good luck with apartment hunting!
On Mon Oct 31, 2011 07:59 AM
So I was supposed to go to a second interview today.

First one was Friday, for a "Marketing company", yet the job was sales. It was about generating new business. Incredibly tough job. Commission only. My sister told me that the job she had in Belfast in a marketing place, she got paid a base rate and worked on commission, and she worked for a year and made no new clients. I wasn't sure about it, but I thought I'd go to the interview anyway, see what I thought, and decide from there. There were quite a few people in for interviews, and when it came round to mine, the interviewer chatted for ages about accents. Completely flirted with me, and then spoke a little bit about the company, but I really couldn't figure out what questions to ask because of them being pushed out of my head by the inane chat. I was asked to return on Monday for a day shadowing someone, see what the work is, and decide from there.

I then went along the street to where my friend/flatmate works, and asked to speak to Glaswegian (That'll be his name here, because he is, he's also one of the managers.) only to be told that he wasn't in, and wouldn't be in until 6, come back then, unless there was anything they could help me with. I mentioned that friend had given cv to him, and wanted to speak to him... Then said goodbye. The girl I spoke to then came running after me, asked me to come back in for a "chat" (interview) where I was offered a job on the spot and asked to come in that night. That was about half 3.

I promised myself that I would go shopping once I got a job. So I bought myself some shiny new bras and knickers. Then walked on home. When I got home I realised that I really didn't have very much time to prepare dinner and get ready to go to work...

I had two very hectic shifts on Friday and Saturday, managed to break everything I touched on Saturday, then had licensing training on Sunday. Which was common sense stuff, but we have to be told it. Ugh. Dull dull dull. Few good reminders though...

Saturday night I went to Kathryn's housewarming halloween party (some lurkers might remember me mentioning Kathryn... I lived in her flat from July 2006 until November 2008, and with her from July 2006 until January 2008, when she went travelling for 11 months, and I had a couple of other flatmates) it was a great party, but I got thoroughly drunk, slash fairly merry. It was fun. The hangover wasn't.

Today I decided not to go to the second interview, because I really don't want a commission only job. Plus, the interviewer was completely flirting with me, and it really put me off. Was weird. He mentioned a girlfriend, but I'm not sure if that sort of thing would stop him, if he's that kind of guy.

Am going to meet up with Caz, shopping, she's out having lunch with an old friend, and then I'm going dancing at 6pm, and I have to phone work when I get out of class, to find out when I'm working this week. The girl who does the rosters starts at 6pm... But I'm not missing the warm up, so yeah.

Now though, I've lurked on various diaries, so I'm going to sort out my couchsurfing profile, and search for any more places there. Then I'm going to look up gumtree for places to live.

I want somewhere that has: nice flatmates; a double bedroom; a bathroom with a good extractor fan/no mould; isn't too far from work; a kitchen with decent food storage that won't get mice; a tv/dvd player; enough room to dry clothes.

I'm fully expecting to have to pay out quite a lot over the next few months to get myself set up with miscellaneous titbits, such as clothes horse, laundry basket, maybe better curtains (I like pitch black), storage boxes etc. Hopefully it will not be too much of a headache.

As soon as I get a new place, I need to go home, and pick up stuff and come back. I'm probably going to take about 2 or 3 days, maximum, and take the ferry back with the bus, because it's the easiest to travel with a large amount with. And I can bring everything I need packed any way, and take two wheely cases, and a backpack. I think I'm going to settle. Kind of looking forward to it. Very much so actually.
On Tue Nov 01, 2011 06:28 PM
Have you ever seen "Bridge To Terabithia"? We watched it tonight. It made me cry, so much.

I think it reminded me of my cousin, dying young, and the potential he had.

I need to live my life, and not let life drag me down.
By mandakp Comments: 566, member since Fri Aug 05, 2011
On Tue Nov 01, 2011 09:55 PM
Oh my gosh that movie made me cry so much! I'd read the book, so I knew it was coming, but it was still tragic :(

I don't think I'd go with the flirty commission job either.
On Wed Nov 02, 2011 06:04 PM
Congrats on the job! One baby step after another, that's how you settle in a new city.

That movie/book is so freaking sad. The book is one of my favourite children's books ever.
On Fri Nov 04, 2011 06:29 PM
I think I'm programmed to regret.

I regretted signing the lease as soon as I had. Mostly because I'm scared that I'm going to mess this up again. I seem to mess everything up. I don't know. Negative Nellie. I don't actually even use that phrase!!!

Anyway, I'm working at 12:00 tomorrow, in 12 hours, for 5. Poo.

I'm not getting enough hours. When I got the job/spoke to management/any time I was asked or asked someone... The transaction of full or part time as a question, was answered with full time. Right before I signed the contract, I asked the manager, and he responded with full time, then I signed. Then he took it back, and filled in 10 hours over 2 shifts. Eh... wtf?!?! I wasn't worried, because I thought I'd get the hours, obviously the rota for this week was done already, but I thought it was just some stupid thing they had to do, not sure... Anyway, next weeks hours are out, and I'm only on 2 shifts. It sucks.

Also what sucks is that every place does little things differently. Like, table settings, do they need a plate? A butter knife? Napkin in the glass or on the plate or folded into a shape?? Every single time I'm in it seems to be a different way. If they could just tell me the different ways, in one go. Like, functions like this, general setting like this, weddings the standard is this, etc etc. It will feel like I'm in training forever, and then I won't progress very far, and that's pants because I actually want them to think I'm dead good and they want to give me more hours. The whole thing is very poo. I need to actually be good at it, and I am, it's just kind of scary that I've signed a lease and am now worried that I might not be able to pay without the hours... so eh... scared about that one. Think I should be ok if I budget very well, and work really hard at getting temp work in offices here there and everywhere. And actually, having part time work can possibly work to my advantage, because I can get myself a second job that way, which could possibly wind up a first job and the bar the second job. Who knows?! Remain positive and keep working at looking and finding work.

When I go home next I'm going to pick up all my bits and pieces for jewellery making and spend time selling that stuff too. I mean, every little helps, right?

I just really need to be careful to save over Christmas, and hopefully it won't come to asking for help to pay the rent until my lease is up. (I'm on a 6 month short assured tenancy.)

Anyway, I've actually got a good deal on the flat, and my savings are still (fairly) healthy, so I just need to be careful, and shop well. Planning meals is the key. Urgh. Dull dull dull.

I also need to let the various friends know that I now have a lease signed on a flat, and I can start with the catch up stuff, but I don't want to be playing expensive catch ups. Maybe dinner dates, in each others' places, so we cook for each other but maybe don't have to spend a lot. Hmmmm.

Another thing I need to do is figure out the places to buy groceries up in my area. There's lots of nice little shops that will possibly wind up cheaper than the big stores, so I think I should look them up. I think I'm looking forward to this, but I'm pretty scared at the same time.

I want somewhere that has: nice flatmates; a double bedroom; a bathroom with a good extractor fan/no mould; isn't too far from work; a kitchen with decent food storage that won't get mice; a tv/dvd player; enough room to dry clothes.

Anyway, the deal is, 4 bedroom, but coincidentally, 3 moving out at once, and I'm number 1 to move in, so Jana and I will choose #3&4, with the letting agent, who wants an easy life, so allows tenants to choose flatmates (to a degree) so he doesn't have to deal with people moving in and out all the time when they don't get on. I have a lovely bedroom, a bathroom with a window, a nice kitchen that can probably have two maybe three people preparing at once, an old tv that may or may not be any good, and we'll see about the dvd player, but I do have my laptop, and there are some clothes horses that belong to the flat so I don't need to worry about that aspect. I'm anticipating it feeling very temporary for quite some time. Oh well, I think once I have a bit of cash behind me I can start to buy those silly little things I might need. The most frustrating bit is hoping that my flatmates can put up with me using their pots and pans for a little while until I get mine from home (I have so much stuff at home that I really shouldn't be spending more money on more things!) (And life would be much easier if I could just pack the car.)

Ho hum. That's all.

Will feel better once I've actually been able to speak to the person who does the hours in work, (incidentally, not the same person who told me I could get full time hours) and also once I've moved in and figured out booking to go home for Christmas etc.

I really hope this wasn't a bad idea.
On Sat Nov 05, 2011 01:01 PM
Feeling a whole lot better about the whole thing.

Well, that is all.
On Sat Nov 05, 2011 01:07 PM
Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully work was just a communication issue and you can get your proper hours soon?
On Sun Nov 06, 2011 04:50 PM
I even spoke to mum about it. My, I am being growed up.... She said it's probably mostly that if they don't have the hours they don't have to pay me for them. Anyway, going to speak to them soooooon.

I'm also being growed up in terms of I'm trying to be more calm about getting places, and not rushing around doing everything last minute. It's a process, to get into the new habit, but we shall see!

Finally, need to speak to that boy, I'm not sure it's going to work out. It's very different in person with him, and I'm not so sure, but I wanted to be able to go out with him again, figure it out. Though the whole playing games with the contacting thing is really annoying. He's not messaged me in a while, it's like a competition, to see how long I'll wait before texting again. Urgh. Not going to do it.

Actually, not finally: This is. ...

I have plans to go to the pub with the old crowd next Sunday night. I'm very very pleased about this fact. All of us will be there, and it will be good chat, but probably not as much drink consumed as usual. Possibly a little weird, might decide to eat there, despite financial worries, because I want a proper catch up, and food will help this along. Can't wait!!!
On Tue Nov 08, 2011 05:19 PM
The tears I shed for the countless people missing those who didn't fulfill their lifes' goals burnt my cheek as I watched "The Way" which was very good.

It made me question my existence. I mean, I really need to figure out what it is I want from life. I need to look at finding a job that will provide me with an income that can provide for offspring in the future. I'm scared that I'm always going to be struggling, and I don't want to be.

Anyway, that's enough of that talk.

I am going to the pub on Sunday for a catch up. Excellent. Looking forward to it.
On Wed Nov 09, 2011 05:55 PM
There's been a little chat here over the past few weeks about pinterest. It seems very interesting. I may well work on setting that up, but that does mean more work on the computer for personal things. We shall see.

I've found a job I'd like to apply to, but part of the job description makes me think I should really update my linkedIn profile first, because, well, if I want to work in a job that uses social media online, I should at least display the savvy online myself, so that if I'm googled, she can find me easily, and see that I am extra special and have the smarts and she really should hire me. Even though it is only for 3 months.

I have picked up another shift tomorrow, from 4pm until 1am, though I'm doubting that they'll have me stay that long, they seem to get too many people in, and then have to let them go way too early. I'm just really hoping that the hours pick up over Christmas, because otherwise I'm really really going to struggle with money. Then I'm hoping that some staff members leave so that I can have a few more hours, because I really really need them. I have got to speak to the girl who does the hours, but she just never seems to be in when I'm in. They also recently employed a lot of people, I think because they had a lot of people in the few weeks before I started, and most of them didn't work out, so they're going mad on the hiring at the minute, to kind of ensure that they get plenty of people in and are well enough staffed for Christmas that they don't need to worry if someone doesn't work out. Which is sort of poo, because I really need full time hours and I'm not getting them. I'm hoping to try to switch to a full time contract as soon as I can. I also need to ask someone how many hours she's signed for, because if she's signed for less than she's getting, if I annoy them enough for more shifts, then maybe I'll get the extra hours she's got, which would be something, at least.

I move in less than a week, which is nice. The whole thing is also pretty scary, because I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to afford it, and as well as that, I hope I don't move in with heat loving people, or people who are a lot more financially stable than me, because they'll have the heating on way more often than I would, and I want to do as much as possible to push the bills down.

Anyway, with me starting at 4 tomorrow, I'm going to have a cup of tea and go to bed fairly soon, then get up and work on my linkedIn profile, and start working on my application for the job. Will be leaving the house at about 20 past 3 to get to work.

Spoiler: Show
Starting to think about Christmas presents, and may leave early to stop off to find out about ticket prices for the bestie's Christmas present.
We know what we're getting for mum & dad.
Nuala has given me a few ideas for her... Still need to think about more for Mervyn, and a little thing extra for Lucy, though I'm not sure why!!!
Eoin & Tom, I have no idea what to get for either of them! None whatsoever. Should anyone have any ideas, then let me know, they're 27&20.
On Thu Nov 10, 2011 06:34 AM
Pants. Plans for day not going well, it's 1.30, I need to prepare food and leave for work at 3.20. I've not done much at all yet... Poo.
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 09:44 AM
I would like to save this reply here also. What with tax stuff and me being a growed up. Weird.
Page:
Page 10 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch