Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

My little dance school is one year old this month! :) (karma: 2)
By rosalinde
On Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 AM
Edited by rosalinde (213002) on 2010-09-27 10:32:00

Funny how washing your hair can remind you of the silliest things!

Last week it was one year exactly that I held my first dance class of my very own school. I had two dancers that night, and it took a few months for things to pick up, but right now I have seven dancers from 18 to 47 years old and it's a little group who have way too much fun together (honestly, we sometimes chat more than we dance! LOL).

There were times when I had a new dancer quit after a single lesson, and wondered if I hadn't bitten off more than I could chew, and might do better to just call this whole thing off, but I didn't want to disappoint my dancers.

What I learnt/achieved:
* I can actually do this!
* We've been doing awesome at feiseanna
* We've had articles published in local newspapers
* We perform at shows
* We have too much fun :D

What I want to learn/achieve:
* I really really need to become more business-like!
* I hope some of the girls will make it to Primary/Novice. They're working so hard and placed 2nd more than once. It would be awesome if they'd get that 1st
* I would love some children to start a kids group

So, yeah: bring it on!!! :D

5 Replies to My little dance school is one year old this month! :)

re: My little dance school is one year old this month! :)
By RinceorNosretep
On Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 AM
Awesome! Congradulations on your one-year anniversary of your school =) Don't let those one-time-to-class people get you down. They're everywhere, and of all the reasons they may choose to not come back, .0000001% would actually be because of you. Usually it was curiosity that made them come in the first place, and now that curiosity is sated they move on. So keep it up! Before you know it you'll have over 100 students and will be celebrating your 10th+ anniversary.
By Sally74
On Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 AM
Congratulations! :) Isnt't it a fantastic feeling to see what you have archieved?
I still remember the start of my dancing school 7 years ago. We were 8 dancers and now we are more than 50.

Oh, those were the days... :D
By irishdancemum1
On Sat Oct 23, 2010 02:47 PM
Congratulations and well done on your 1st year anniversary!! All your hard work seems to have paid off, keep up the good work!
By Neilsmum
On Sun Oct 24, 2010 03:31 AM
Happy birthday! I hope your numbers continue to grow, and that you may even have a world champ one day...
By roz275member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 27, 2010 01:58 PM
That is pretty cool!! What is your dance school?

ReplySendWatch