Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

boys and boys...
By emilysmiles
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 07:01 AM

I know another post about boys... :O gosh I am sorry

My man is very touchy feely with other boys, he hugs his friends all the time and he just says ' he's comfortable with his sexuality' although whe I have heard that before from my guy friends who are or have turned out to be gay..
we have talked about this and he is not bi nor gay.
I was wondering does anyone else have this problem?
I think it is just normal guys having a laugh but sometimes it is a little odd...

Anyone else's boyfriends cuddle their guy friends?

<3

11 Replies to boys and boys...

re: boys and boys...
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 07:23 AM
It's ok for girls to be touchy feely with their girl friends, so I think it should be ok for guys to be the same way. If your man is comfortable hugging his best friend then good for him.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 07:43 AM
I don't get what the problem is? He said he is not gay or bi, just comfortable with who he is. Heck, my dad is so intolerant to gay people and he hugs his best guy friends.
By webstArmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 AM
I think a lot of times, people get uncomfortable when they see other people (especially guys) who are really, really secure with themselves.

My boyfriend gets labelled as gay every now and then. He has a few "metro" qualities (very neat and tidy, really good decorator, and very boisterous and outgoing which has a lot to do with his drama background.) The label doesn't bother him in the least, and it doesn't bother me either. I know where he stands, he knows where he stands - what does it matter what other people say?

Unless he won't go near your vagina with a ten-foot pole, I'd say you're good! ;)
By Lauretta
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:45 PM
I've heard a lot of male aquaintances say rather disturbing things about being really careful about what they do/say out of not wanting to appear gay, so if I were you i'd be thankful that you have a boyfriend who is secure in his sexuality and doesn't need to spout that kind of rubbish. Really, it makes me want to bang their heads together when they go on like they have to examine every possible interaction with another male to see if it'll leave them open to gay accusations before they'll do it, so for me it wouldn't be a problem.
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 01:02 PM
Yeah, it sounds normal to me. A lot of the guys I've dated have been very close with their male friends, and there was never anything weird about it. My last ex and I had a mutual friend that was the touchiest person EVER, but neither of them are gay. It's just that some people are more into contact than others.
By RibenaRockstar
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 02:24 PM
This is a slightly different perspective, but my best friend is a guy, and we hug all the time. Personally, I'm not great at hugging, one of my schoolfriends (all-girls school) actually had to teach me how to hug a while ago, and I've never been hugely comfortable with physical intimacy (not in a sexual way).
By emilysmiles
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 04:13 PM
hey,
thank you all for replying :)
I thought that it is normal too, just wondered if anyone else was like this...
I guess everyone has their own different veiw on wether they like hugs or not.
I am a very huggy person and so is my boyfriend.:)
ribenarockstar, I understand where you are coming from... but in a different way I love to hug and things but if I am sitting next to someone I don't really know or don't know that well and they are sitting too close, like invasion of personal space close then I am not comfortable

thanks again for replying
<3
By themovegirl
On Tue Oct 05, 2010 08:59 PM
I know a quite few guys that will cuddle up to watch movies together and have no problem giving each other hugs. I think it just depends on the guy and their personality. After all girls do stuff like that to other girls all the time, why should it matter just because its guys?
By dancingthrulife1
On Thu Nov 18, 2010 02:47 PM
haha. My boyfriend has about 11 "bromances". You're definitely not alone. I usually just see the humor in it.
By YoungDandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Nov 25, 2010 01:22 AM
Yeah nothing to be worried about based on just that.
When my boy is with his mates theyre almost always on top of each other lol. They'll "kung fu" (just play fight each other)and wrestle or jump all over each other. When they play a sport in the park, when any of them score, theyll make a point to pile up on each other. When theyre drunk theyre 100 times worse.
Theyre all just good friends and completely comfortable with each other so I wouldnt want to say anything to make him feel like he's doing anything wrong, because hes not.

Just laugh at boys silliness :)
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Nov 25, 2010 03:51 PM
I dated a guy for a while that was very much like that, and it totally weirded me out at the time, but I eventually understood that that's the way it was, and he wasn't gay or bi or anything, just loved his buddies. He would call them up to chat, and before getting off the phone, tell them he loved them. And it wasn't like a "yeah luv ya man" it was "Okay, I love you. Sweet dreams." One time I was like who the heck were you talking to? Your mom? But it was just his best friend.

So, it happens, it's cool, means nothing about your man's sexuality.

ReplySendWatch