Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

I Survived!
By girlwithacoin
On Mon Oct 04, 2010 04:07 AM
Edited by girlwithacoin (221165) on 2010-10-04 04:08:17 grammar

Yesterday I competed at my first feis in about 2 years and got through it despite:
1. having danced probably about 5 times in the last 3 months
2. straining my psoas muscle and not being able to exercise at all for the last 3 weeks
3. making my own competition dress in two weeks since my solo is at my parents house on the other side of the ocean
4. having the first 2 trains I tried to get to the feis get cancelled (which included me having a near breakdown)
5. it being the first feis I've gone to completely on my own

Despite all that, I managed to get through all my dances without screwing up, and actually enjoy myself! I didn't place in my championship, but managed to medal in all my solos, which was definitely a triumph. And now I've been bitten once again with the competition bug, so am looking forward to the next one! (and I'll be sure to practice this time) :P

5 Replies to I Survived!

re: I Survived!
By irishdancemum1
On Sat Oct 23, 2010 02:53 PM
well done to you, i must admitt that if all that happened to me, i might have gone home without dancing but you are obviously a strong person. Well done and good luck at your next competition.
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Sat Oct 23, 2010 04:39 PM
Congratulations!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 23, 2010 04:47 PM
well done on that one! Seems like everything was against you but you have done well.
By Realtreble
On Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:22 PM
You achieved far more than a moral victory. Congratulations. Best of luck at your next feis.
By Neilsmum
On Sun Oct 24, 2010 03:28 AM
You GO girl! Yup, I would definitely have taken all the misfortune as a sign to go home, but good for you for persevering. And welcoome back to ID, hope you never leave again!

ReplySendWatch