Forum: General / Contests

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!!
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Mon Oct 11, 2010 03:08 PM
Sweeeet. I've picked my songs (King of Anything if I can find a track for it, Telephone by Gaga, and something else that I'm blanking on but it was in the soprano range because Sarah Barielles is a bit low for me). Haven't done them yet, I'm holding out to see if Current Boytoy will manage to get our fancypants microphones installed. I'm a first soprano and the laptop webcam hates high notes.
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 1)
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:56 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-10-17 01:16:35 Why don't we all sing, "Kyle's Mom is a Stupid *****" in D-minor?
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-10-17 01:23:11 Why don't we all sing, "Kyle's Mom is a Stupid *****" in D-minor?
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-10-17 01:25:20 So fun fact, when linking an image, if the link pathway has cursing in it, ddn won't let it through... and then the back button just resubmits your broken previous edit and then, well, it's a mess...
It deeply saddens me to see this thread slip off to the bottom(ish) of the second general page, which means it's time for punishment. No, it's not 70 lashes with a cat o' nine tail, no it's far, far worse. Yet another submission by me.

www.youtube.com . . .

Please, help stop this vocal travesty. Only you can prevent more awkward and undeniably poor singing. How you ask? By entering in your submission. Do it now. You have no choice in the matter; unless you want to hear more godawful renditions of what used to be songs you liked, go therefore and post! Being busy is no excuse, insomnia comes to us each and all at some point. Come on folks, Nov 12th will be here before you know it.

YOU'LL SUBMIT AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!! RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH! SUBMIT!!!!!!!
Image hotlink - 'http://www.familyrightsassociation.com/ofr/scribbles/by_what_authority/respect_authoritah.jpg'

(Caps lock = cruise control for awe-some!)
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 3)
By Nicola_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2257, member since Sun Dec 21, 2003
On Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:53 AM
ok, not sure if this one will count as its been recorded before now, cant record another right now as i have a bad throat, so I'll leave this one here and if its ineligable then I'll do another one when i feel a bit better :)

But for fun, here is mine....

www.singsnap.com . . .

Nicola x
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Sun Oct 17, 2010 03:46 PM
Okay, sooo... here is entry #1. I'm not 100% thrilled with it - my vowel shaping gets very . . . interesting in parts. (I'm scared of singing loudly when other people are in the house!) But if I don't post it I'll do a million takes in my perfectionist fashion and never post anything. And maybe I'll do it over again. Is that kosher? Whatever, who cares.

The Water is Wide, a traditional English folk tune.

or here.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Oct 18, 2010 06:26 PM
My new microphone arrives on Thursday in the mail (thank you Mr. smileywoman). I shall work on my entry and submit before the month is finished. :D
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:43 PM
claireyfaerie85 - Loved your "Hey!" You can't go wrong with Madonna karaoke!

Sumayah - I had never heard that song before. Gee it's wordy! Kudos for getting through those rapid-fire lyrics.

Nicola_x - I had no idea how sweet your voice was! What a surprise! Great song, too.

Heart - That's such a pretty song. I gave it to one of my students to do for a singing exam earlier this year. Thanks for singing it!

Helen
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 AM
I'm working on this. I've recorded a few things but I'm not happy with it at all. I might go ahead and post the last one I did.
By pasdebourretenduPremium member Comments: 1831, member since Mon Oct 24, 2005
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 02:04 AM
Wow this thread appears to be off to a great start! I can't decide what to do!! I have one song that is my favoritest ever but there are a few too many dirty words for DDN ;)
On the bright side, a few of you now have a new subscriber on your youtube account. :D
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 04:53 AM
^ I've been working on the high pitched hey for a while now.

Might have a dodgy rendition of Danny Boy coming up in the next few days. My voice is somewhat suited to ballads more than pop.
By Eireannmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2412, member since Mon Sep 13, 2004
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:32 PM
I'm really only permitted to sing in the shower, and I really don't think that sort of thing is appropriate for DDN.

I somehow missed this in past years, though, and I feel like I should at least offer something in return for the entertainment I got going through all the old entries. Maybe if I'm home from work early tomorrow, before my boy or the neighbours are home...
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 5)
By Reelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2682, member since Thu Dec 28, 2006
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 PM
My entry...

Fever

I have another video entry as well, but my voice was kinda raspy, and I hit my vimeo upload limit for the week, so it'll have to wait. :P

I'm actually working on a recording (have been since the summer...keep forgetting to finish it), and if I finish that before this ends, I will let y'all hear.

:)
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 4)
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 02:45 AM
Couldn't resist. Had to do another one. :)
Say You'll Be There

Helen
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 08:50 AM
Reel: awesome job!
Helen: that brought back some memories, girl! You're vocal style is so animated... kinda brought me an image of the spice girls on Broadway. Hehe
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 2)
By Josianemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1643, member since Sun Nov 06, 2005
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 01:56 PM
I also recorded mine!

I'm just trying to find a computer that can read my memory card. It's one of those SD card that no computer can read. But I should be able to upload it by next week.

My song is Ding Ding dong by Gunther and the Sunshine Girls. Very serious.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 04:50 PM
I've never done karaoke before. I always sing with someone else...and am not used to singing by myself. I'm used to singing in a choir where we are supposed to sound British.

I don't like my voice. I really hate my head voice and avoid it like the plague.

But I love to sing. Here's me singing (badly) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer:
s61.photobucket.com . . .
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 08:11 PM
Reel - Wow that was hot!

majere - your laughter was infectious!

Helen
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 09:11 PM
Reel, I stopped by here just for you and woah! That was awesome. Of course you know I love all things you sing and yeah. Nice job :)

Been thinking about entering..but I'm too embarrassed. Everyone else's entries are fun to listen to though!
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 09:24 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-10-20 21:26:05
^ Embarrassed!? LOL, I wouldn't have entered this if I didn't have a special warm and fuzzy place in my heart for Helen. I generally don't sacrifice myself on the alter of public humiliation for just anyone. Trust me, you're guaranteed to sound better than me! Do it!! :D
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 09:27 PM
Edited by iliah (130543) on 2010-10-20 23:00:50 Noise removed on new videos
I shamelessly come back with TWO new entries!

(Still lack the ability to find good tracks for English songs, so I gave up)

Presenting:

A Beautiful Myth: www.youtube.com . . .

Breaking Dawn (Twilight UNrelated): www.youtube.com . . .

-EDIT- I uploaded two new versions after I used Audacity to get rid of the noise. :)

Breaking Dawn: www.youtube.com . . .

A Beautiful Myth: www.youtube.com . . .

I didn't do an intro because I figured everyone would recognize my voice from the first entry I submitted. I'm not too satisfied with my microphone quality on the higher notes, but whatever, I'm not spending money on a good mic. :P
On Fri Oct 22, 2010 06:31 AM
After recording my entry, I promptly got a head cold that lasted all week. Helen, I blame you!!
By Poshoedamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1782, member since Fri May 12, 2006
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 08:17 PM
Edited by Poshoeda (158610) on 2010-10-25 21:40:29 fixing the video link
Alright here goes, I'm getting over a cold at the moment and there are a few parts that I don't like, but I'm learning to embrace my flaws. :P

Also, the music volume was really loud at the beginning so I turned it down, and I apologize for the poor sound quality.

When It Rains by Paramore
s97.photobucket.com . . .
:)Poshoeda
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 08:50 PM
Despite my sniffles, I have recorded two songs.

The Climb: www.youtube.com . . .

Someone Like You: www.youtube.com . . .
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 PM
Edited by pasdebourretendu (144000) on 2010-10-26 00:29:01 Thought I'd add my own...
I'd like to hear panic sing this....
www.youtube.com . . .

Meanwhile, my entry:
www.youtube.com . . .
If you happen to stumble upon my channel, you will see that I used to this a bit for fun... but it's been like a year, and holy cow I was nervous. I was picking at my fingernails through half the song. ugh.
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 10210, member since Mon Jun 30, 2003
On Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 AM
My computer crashed when I tried to record my entry :( I'll try again when my roommate's not home haha.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Thu Oct 28, 2010 07:26 PM
Almost ready. My new headset microphone has arrived. Will post before the end of the weekend.
Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed