Forum: General / Contests

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 1)
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 PM
Edited by jazz_lover (99333) on 2010-11-19 23:51:51 LInk not working!
Edited by jazz_lover (99333) on 2010-11-20 00:51:09
After I lost a bet, I was asked to sing for this contest. ( I also believed I promised Megan and Haili and Jody in the chatroom). This is NOT an entry to the contest. I will delete this video after 3 days, once my bet and promise to the few DDN members are over.

Please keep in mind that high school choir was required for everyone to graduate except for me....They said that my purpose from God was to maybe help out on the piano ;)
WARNING. Put in Earplugs.

PS. Megan, I believe you owe me Lady Gaga now ;)

www.youtube.com . . .

Edit to Megan's edit.

Don't worry, we all love a little liquid courage. Although I did mine without liquid courage because I already looked funky enough with my hair the way it is. I swear I don't look like this during the day. Thats what faded makeup and bedhair does ;)
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!! (karma: 3)
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:16 AM
Edited by Megan (87282) on 2010-11-20 00:38:58
Edited by Megan (87282) on 2010-11-20 00:52:50
I am on it right this second. Actually. Bottle of wine is in hand.

Am waiting for it to upload to Photobucket. Have an inexplicable double chin in most of said video. Am on second bottle of wine in video. Wine might sing more than I do.

Here you go, Lauren:

Image hotlink - 'http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/MeganElishaAnderson/th_DSCF4006.jpg'

I'm hammered.
re: It's back! The 4th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest!!
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 01:00 AM
Edited by jazz_lover (99333) on 2010-11-20 01:01:54
Everyone...fastforward to 3:05 ( and 3:15)on Megan's video. That's all I have to say. I still owe Yellow Submarine, but since this contest is over soon, I will post that on another thread when Haili comes.

How many of you vote that she DOESN'T take this down when she sobers.

* One vote*!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 08:57 AM
^ and ^^

Well I'll say this for my friend Jazzy...the piano lessons paid off she does have at least some sense of intonation.
Don't quit your day job just yet though. :P

But you are an honorable woman...you pay off your bets.

And Megan's shows her extreme versatility...I mean, I know she sings the classical repertory...I've heard her (and a few dozen others) doing Carmina Burana and last weekend she did the vocal version of Samuel Barber's "Adagio" at almost the same exact time that I was playing the string version of the same work. (It originally was the slow movement of his string quartet Op. 11...the entire quartet is VERY rarely played and the rest of it isn't all that interesting. I had never heard the vocal version before. I've done the string version very often.) Singing and simultaneously imbibing wine is a stunt that could get Megan a gig at Ringling Bros.

Jon
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 02:01 PM
Crazy (style of Patsy Cline) :D

www.singsnap.com . . .

The Water is Wide (style of Eva Cassidy)
www.singsnap.com . . .

You are so Beautiful (Joe Cocker)
www.singsnap.com . . .

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
www.singsnap.com . . .
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2706, member since Sun Feb 24, 2008
On Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 AM
Uno mas!

"On My Own" from Les Miserables. I just learned it, I'm actually pretty embarrassed to post this, but I'm doing it anyway.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 AM
OMG You Guys!!

Great job everyone!

Tomorrow evening, I'm going to listen to all of them, post my feedback and then lock the thread.

Helen
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Nov 24, 2010 06:03 AM
Smileywoman - I love how you sing from your heart with such honesty. I enjoyed both God Bless the Child and Wind Beneath My Wings.

Heart - The first take is the best vocal technique I think I've heard from you so far.

Smileywoman - Again, such great storytelling in both songs!

Unfortunately, that's all I had time to watch tonight. I'll try to get though some more tomorrow.

Helen
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Nov 29, 2010 04:49 PM
WARNING - this proves I AM 10 years old :D

www.singsnap.com . . .
By Katemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1696, member since Wed Feb 18, 2004
On Sat Dec 04, 2010 06:06 AM
Awww I am loving this! Everyone can sing so well! Even those people who claim not to be able to... *stern look*.

I will not be uploading because a) I actually CANNOT sing at all. If I try, people genuinely request I stop. and b) I am struggling with bronchitis, so I sound like Marge Simpson's sisters.

Helen, you are so cute! And your voice is amazing! More! More!

Megan, your version of Poker Face was amazing, I loved it! Also, you sound EXACTLY like my good friend - Are you from Alberta? Edmonton? Maybe I am being English and useless, and assuming all Canadians sound the same! But you really do sound alike! Weird... *sits back and waits for Megan to crossly state she isn't even Canadian*
On Mon Dec 06, 2010 02:12 AM
I'm so sorry I've not finalised this thing yet. My play opens this week so I'm hoping as soon as it opens I'll have some more time!

Helen
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Dec 06, 2010 05:01 PM
Kate, I am Canadian (and from Edmonton), no worries! We don't all sound alike (people from the Maritimes especially have a very different accent from mine) but I have one of the most generic "Canadian" accents it's possible to have, I think.
On Mon Dec 20, 2010 05:15 PM
Poshoeda - Thanks for taking the time to do another version of the same song.

Smileywoman - Some of your entries are missing???

Heart - With "The Rose", the problem with the timing was that you weren't holding the word "love" (and in the subsequent verses, the word in the same position) for long enough most of the time, so that was getting you into the wrong part of the bar, making the pauses in the backing track harder to navigate. In "America The Beautiful", I think the key was a bit high for you, but good job on the melismas.

Orion - Love the Les Mis shirt! You actually have an interesting tone and good bottom register and I'd love to teach you. Some rhythmic problems caused by not counting through the long notes in the first verse, then not waiting for the little instrumental at the end before "I had a dream my life would be". But good job overall!

Heart - "Reflection": The more I listen to your voice, the more I think that you need to create more vertical space inside your mouth. That's why it gets squawky on the high notes. Think about lifting your soft palate more. Your diction is great though!

Smileywoman - This one worked! Thanks for posting video this time, not just audio. Love your facial expressions! I loved your "men voices" bit too. Fun!

Jazzy - Well it wasn't as bad as I was expecting...

Megan - Top marks for doing karaoke with a glass of red in your hand. You know, you should think about doing some contemporary training. Pop really suits you! This was fun too.

Smileywoman - a few missing again. The Water Is Wide: lovely interpretation. Just a suggestion - think about the shape of the whole song now, to give it more light and shade and to build towards a climax.

Back with more in a couple of hours.

Helen
On Mon Dec 20, 2010 07:07 PM
Smileywoman - You Are So Beautiful: Great job again. Nothing new to say!

Orion - This one wasn't as confident as the other entry, but good on you for having another go!

Smileywoman - All I Want For Christmas: Wow I was not expecting this! Elijah loves this song.

Great job everyone!

Helen
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed