Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

When does it start again?
By highrishdancer19member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 03:30 PM

I'm on my second month of taking BC pills, and according to my Mum, pretty much the day you stop taking the pills, (just for the seven days.) your period should start up again. Well it hasn't today, when should it start up again?.

10 Replies to When does it start again?

re: When does it start again?
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 03:32 PM
mine used to start 2 - 3 days after I stopped taking the pill for my 7 day break. Sometimes it would stop on day 5 or 6 sometimes 7.
By Balleticmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 05:11 PM
Mine usually starts around the 3 day... but it will often stretch out till the 4 day. I have a patch though, so that might make it different? I'm really not sure.
By Tiggerpants
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 05:33 PM
Mine starts anywhere between 3 to 5 days depending on the brand that I'm taking. The only time I've ever come on the day after finishing the pill is when I've been switching pills and the hormone levels are different.
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 06:09 PM
Your mom is wrong, basically. I like to think of my body as 2 days behind my pills, so it takes 2 days after I stop taking the pills to really be "OFF" the medication, and the period starts then. I've never heard or read of a brand that works that immediately.
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:03 AM
Mine starts on the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and I stop taking the pills on Saturday (so Friday morning is my last pill). I've heard it said that the idea is that it gives you the weekend without your period.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 15, 2010 07:18 AM
I take my last my pill on Tuesday, and I usually get my period on a Friday or Saturday. Basically, your mom is wrong.
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 15, 2010 01:38 PM
I stopped taking mine on Wednesday and I got my period on Friday. It will probably be over my Monday at the latest. I think it just depends on the brand of pill that you are on and also your own body
By forgetxmexnot
On Fri Oct 15, 2010 04:20 PM
Yeah, your period doesn't happen like BAM. I'm a Sunday starter, so my last pill is Saturday, and my period generally doesn't start until Wednesday morning. It's always been either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning ever since I started and I've been on birth control for 3 years.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 15, 2010 09:57 PM
Pills always just flat out stopped my periods. I never got one at all. And if I did get anything, it'd be three or four days into the placebo pack. So I'm with the general chorus of "Mom's got this one wrong"
By iPurplemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 16, 2010 07:17 PM
It's different for everyone. I'm probably the only who's going to say this, but I get my period on the same day that I stop taking the pill. I have to be extra careful to remember to take them every single day, because if I don't then I get my period. But my periods are always heavier on BC, so this is normal for me [:

ReplySendWatch