Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

kool guy returning to ballet
By Forrest1
On Sat Oct 16, 2010 08:00 PM

Do teacher mind adult return dancers at 40. i took ballet from 17-25 now like to try it again for fitness as i go to the gym and race bikes but always enjoyed ballet as it is so tough.
thanks
Ft. Lauderdale

3 Replies to kool guy returning to ballet

re: kool guy returning to ballet
By luv2plie
On Sat Oct 16, 2010 09:44 PM
No.....By all means go back to ballet classes! Most studios are very happy to see guys in their ballet classes! Since you took ballet when you were younger, your techique will come back !

Keep on dancing

Kev
By pondflyPremium member
On Sun Oct 17, 2010 02:35 AM
I'm 36 and the other one in our classes just turned 40 and we get pushed all the time. They really appreciate older adults in class.
By gregb1
On Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:02 PM
It should all start coming back to you pretty quickly. I am now 47 and have been going at ballet pretty hard these past 3 years. At first I was really clueless and it was downright uncomfortable to me but not because of the way any of the other students acted (all girls). I did that to myself. I kept at it though and then started practicing on my own all the time. Now I find myself doing combinations then I would never have believed that I could have followed when I first started. I walk out of each one of my classes drenched in sweat. I just cannot believe how far in love I am with ballet. I've now progressed from doing centerwork with the older ladies in the class to flying around and leaping with the 20 somethings. GOAL ACHIEVED!

ReplySendWatch