Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: GypsieFree banned permanently
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 04:51 AM
Why...
Although it does anger me that someone would make such things up and cause a load of mess, she has some very real issues and that just makes me sad
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3559, member since Wed Jul 28, 2004
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 08:29 AM
I really liked her before. I didn't know her well or anything, but she seemed like a good and friendly person from what I had seen.

That's too bad that she felt the need to make up all these lies. And for what? I don't understand why people do this. Why do they sabotage themselves?
re: GypsieFree banned permanently (karma: 5)
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 09:29 AM
I just wanted to comment because I totally understand why people do that sort of thing. I've never lied about anything on DDN (or anywhere else for that matter), but I've been tempted to at times. It's not because I'm an evil mean person, or manipulative, or desperate for attention in a "I'm soo important" kind of way. For me, and it may not be the case for GypsieFree, it's because I want people to be nice to me. I want that sympathy, empathy, being handled with kid gloves behavior that's given to people when they're sick. That kind of behavior is learned - if you never get attention for positive reasons (accomplishing something in school, for example), you learn to "act out" or fake things to get it. Or if you're ignored and neglected at home, you're going to look to get validation elsewhere.

It's really not a malicious, manipulative act. I would highly doubt that she is sitting at home at her computer laughing at everyone here. It's sad she behaved that way and I hope she gets help.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 09:33 AM
It's classic "victim" mentality. Life is so hard, I am all alone, nobody understands me, I want friends...blah blah blah. Yes there are lots of benefits that people get from playing a victim role, but on the flip side coming from a role of "responsible" and being honest, true, and not blaming all your sufferings on situations or other people brings a lot of benefits as well. It is a choice, and when you choose to post untrue things on this website repeatedly and we gather enough evidence over a few different stories and time, you will be banned.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6815, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 AM
^I guess the thing I'm having a hard time with is that over her many posts, she seemed to be a kind person. Actually, genuine in her emotional expressions. I guess I'm going to miss her.

That is not to say that all the evidence gathered against her shouldn't be acted on in a just way. The integrity of this site demands honesty and there are so many times when people really go out of their way to give of themselves to others who need support it would be an additional insult to allow manipulation of honest emotions to prevail.

A part of me keeps hoping she'll explain herself and work it out with the mods and maybe re-join us as, "The Sadder But Wiser Girl".

And yes, my favorite imaginary friend is Pollyanna. And for a time, I missed all the bad boyfriends who broke my heart and left me feeling foolish.

Really!

Keep On Dancing*
re: GypsieFree banned permanently (karma: 2)
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 05:39 PM
I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with this. She seemed so sweet and genuinely caring to other members here. I'm so sad for her and I hope if it is what Heart described, or anything else, that she gets the help that she needs. I hope this wasn't her only outlet to get away from whatever it was that was causing her to do what the mods have evidence of. I hope she realizes that many of us are here for her, whatever she is going through, and hope she gets help.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 07:04 PM
Such a sad thing, however, not a shocker. I was probably one of her only DDN friends that had her on her FB friend's listing. Not sure though.

But honestly, before I even knew on DDN that she had been banned, I had blocked her on FB. She started acting all wonky and I didn't like the posts that were coming on my threads.

I feel bad because she was a lovely girl and we had great chats together, but this is not a surprise to me at all.
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 PM
Are you kidding me?? That post was fake?? GAH, the things people will do on the internet for attention...I'm an attention monger, but even I don't make things up. I always post true stories. Geez. I was legit worried. MY boyfriend plays indoor soccer, so when she said he went into a coma from playing indoor soccer, I got a little paranoid! I'm always afraid of something happening to my boyfriend anyway, so it takes very little for me to be afraid of something happening. Geez.

I always thought she was legit, too. Bummer. :-/
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 772, member since Fri Aug 19, 2005
On Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 PM
Wow, I honestly thought she was genuinely nice! Her post about a cyst on her ovary rang true with me because I have suffered from a similar thing and was really sick from it. I hope she wasn't faking that too because that post really affected me!
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 PM
Without going into too much detail I'm sorry for those of you that were hurt by her actions. I'm sure it's hard.

I've suspected her for at least 6 months (if not longer) of not being who she said she was ever since another member brought something she posted to our attention.

The thing about returning members is that no matter how careful they are being they eventually post something that catches our attention.....it may take awhile for us to figure them out BUT they always slip up somehow.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Sat Oct 23, 2010 07:11 AM
Wow, I never really picked her to do something like that. And I've had an instinct with quite a few previous DDN liars too.

GypsieFree, if you ever read this post, please know that honesty will get you much further in life than lies. The most important thing about life is to learn from your mistakes, and I hope you have. I wish you luck in your future despite your lies here.
By JoyNoellePremium member Comments: 3864, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 AM
Oh dear me...

You know that whole story I told about having a brain tumor...and having surgery to remove it...and being partially paralyzed afterward...and losing some hearing and vision and having ultra-drug resistant hypertension and other crap? Fake. All fake. Just seemed like such a good way to get some attention.

And this?

Image hotlink - 'http://www.smartassproducts.com/images/blog/postop.jpg'

Totally photoshopped. :O
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 07:08 AM
^ You get enough attention all on your own without a brain tumor, Joy. :D *mwah*

Dani
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed