I miss skating ALOT
By Jump
On 10/19/2010 08:02:26
I've been skating for about 10 years till I stopped about 3 years ago to concentrate on exams, then moved on to serious dancing. I really miss skating, so much has changed since I last skated competitively. My original coach left and I found another who was good, but just not the same. Prices for lessons where I live have tripled, and the number of rinks have HALVED! Now we only have one minuscule rink. Ive also grown heavier and bigger and my skates have broken down. I don't know if it is worth buying new boots and changing blades, paying for new lessons and squeezing with other skaters and people in our tiny rink just to hope to improve and skate and compete again. Going overseas to skate is only possible during the holidays, which are pretty much never. But I miss it so much. The speed, the music, the spins, landing jumps, pair work.. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Get back to skating and spend a bomb? Or just stick to dance..
re: I miss skating ALOT
By Rose
On 10/19/2010 15:49:58
If you don't do it, you will always wonder about it. You have to go back to a rinck, get back on the ice - I'm talking about a recreational hour-, to find out if it really is like you remember. Try to do some exercises from the past. How does that feel? Like you could back in a reasonable shape, or not? This is the only way to find out if your dreams should/could turn real, or should stay dreams forever.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/21/2022 19:58:10