Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

I did a leap!
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:00 AM

I did a leap off the ground!! In the air people, pointed toes and nearly kicking my butt. Such an achievement for me, never thought I'd get that high, nor did I think I'd actually LIFT!

Will attach the others soon!

12 Replies to I did a leap!

re: I did a leap!
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:08 AM
Next 3!
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:18 AM
And the final three. Anyone noticing the half terrfied and half mad look on my face? Yea, that's my concentrating face :D
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 04:55 AM
Oh, can anyone tell me how to get my front leg higher? My friend did it, and got amazing height as well as her front and back leg up. Sadly, as you can tell, I can't. Haha. Ideas? Then I can post pictures of the perfect leap for me!!
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 05:54 AM
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2010-10-25 05:56:07
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2010-10-25 05:56:27
I'm useless at explaining things, but I think to get the front leg higher you really need to push off from the back leg. Also, a run up into the leap can help get the momentum to spring off - Like, switch 234 LEAAAAPP.

Nice pictures! I occasionally have a read of your diary, and it's really nice to see that your hard work is paying off! :)

Claire.
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 05:59 AM
Thanks!! I did the run up from a meter away, but then I got told off for jumping on concrete...without shoes...oops!

Awh, thanks! I was stuffed that day, my friend and I had been practicing our two hand for like 6 hours. And I managed to put a hole in my new socks too. :D
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 25, 2010 06:59 AM
When you go for your leap, you need to think about two things- first swinging your front leg up into the air and holding it up for a moment, and at the same time, pushing your back foot off the ground and up to your read as hard and as fast as you can. This will give you the high front leg, tucked back leg hanging leap we're all working to achieve.
On Tue Oct 26, 2010 02:35 PM
Thanks PogMoGhillies, I'll try that. But not for a while, I super sore! Haha. I would love it to be higher and like I am hanging, however, I think it's going to take heaps of practice and core strength for me. I guess that some people have the natural ability and others, like myself, don't. Eh, I can still keep trying.
By ID_Addict
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 08:19 AM
Edited by ID_Addict (218710) on 2010-10-27 08:19:55
Looking good! Remember, practice makes perfect and work will win when wishing won't.
Good on you for being so dedicated and determined :)
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 08:21 AM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2010-10-27 08:21:54
Two words: core strength!

Keep up the practice; you'll be leaping with the best of them in no time.

Dani
By ScullyPAmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 08:52 AM
Congrats on great progress! To echo MidLake Muse, try some Pilates. The "roll up", although hard to do, is supposedly the equivalent of 10 crunches. Pilates will trim your waist, tummy, make you feel good, and help your dancing. Twice a week for twenty to thirty minutes and you will see a difference in 4 weeks.

Yoga does the same thing!
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 02:56 PM
Thanks for the responses guys! I do heaps of core strength at class at the moment and almost the same amount at home. It's so weird to be looking at those photos after 10 years and saying I can leap, I can look like a good dancer.

ID_Addict: You're so right. Only the hard work will give me the best outcome now and in the future. Not wishing for it.

I'd very much like to start pilates or yoga, especially for the core aspects and tonning aspects.
By irishlover
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 PM
I agree with ID_Addict practise makes perfect! xx

ReplySendWatch