Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

male or female teacher
By Forrest1
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 01:15 PM

will be retruning to ballet class after many years. what do you think a male teacher i should look for or a female teacher i should look for? Private or reg classes
Thanks
Ft.Lauderdale Guy
P.S.
any other guys take ballet in ft lauderdale

6 Replies to male or female teacher

re: male or female teacher
By balletboyrhysmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 03:21 PM
it doesnt really matter until you get advanced enough to want to focus in on more advanced virtuoso male steps. you probably have a few years of basics before that'll really be an issue though and even if you can only find a female teacher, ballet is ballet!
By luv2plie
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 PM
Taking ballet from a female teacher is good but if you can take with a male ballet teacher as well it would to your advantage. Take regular ballet classes. Privates are good but I feel you learn more in a regular ballet classes because other dancers are being corrected and you can learm from their mistakes.

Kev
By guyclone
On Sat Oct 30, 2010 01:12 AM
gosh when you are just starting, it really makes no difference. All the basics of ballet are the same regardless, so don't stress if you can't find a male teacher. You'll be doing the same as the girls regardless.
By MrRed
On Mon Nov 01, 2010 05:20 AM
I went for a while to the Boca Ballet Theatre classes; I was working up there, and really liked their teaching staff; all female. I looked into the Ft. Lauderdale schools, which have a lot of male teachers, but as I live in Miami, it's all just too far when I have several options closer by. Personally, I think I prefer a female teacher, but I think it depends more on their attitude than their gender.
By rebornballerino
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 01:29 PM
Magda Aunon School of ballet, in oakland park. Im 20 and just started dancing 2 years ago. great male and female teachers. The girls are fierce at that studio.
By Old_Ballet_Dude
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 06:35 PM
I've had both and the only important thing is their training, not their sex.

ReplySendWatch