Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

WIDA British Open Championships results
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 29, 2010 01:33 AM

hey everyone s its been nearly a week since i got back from the British Opens and i realised i hadn't posted on here to let everyone know i how i did.
im some respects i did better than last year but in others i didn't do as well.
im WIDA not only do we do the championship but we also have the separate solo dance competitions for the champs too.
this year i came 6th in the championship which i was a bit miffed at as i came 3rd last year.
but in the solo dances i did better than last year, although i didn't get placed in the hornpipe or trad set (they only called top 4) but i did place 3rd in the treble jig wich i was so happy about, and then i won the reel whcih i was over the moon about as i normally don't do soo great in the reel.
what mde these solo results even better is that they combined a few age groups together, we had under 18, under 19, under 20 and under 21 all in one age group for the solos so there was rather alot of us so it feels great to know that my reel was the best
but also another thing that made me happy was that it was joint first with one of my best dancing friends

just thought i would share.

also attatched are some pics so you can all see my finished daning clothes on me lol

jono xo

7 Replies to WIDA British Open Championships results

re: WIDA British Open Championships results
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 29, 2010 05:12 AM
Well done hunnie xxx what does this mean for the worlds?
By allgrownup
On Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:53 PM
First, congrats to you! I like the black and white vest combo too.
Second, I like how there is a whole mix of dresses including 3 panels...very nice to see!
On Fri Oct 29, 2010 03:36 PM
thanks guys, im definatley goind to worlds now so im saving up for berlin as we speak,
i also like the way that we have a wide range of solos in our champs, its always nice to see the older styles

jono
By CelticPiksymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 30, 2010 03:31 AM
Well done to you!!
Next year I will hopefully be back and kicking and be able to visit more feiseanna etc around the UK, I can't wait!
You all look gorgeous btw, and well done again!

Caz x
By rosalinde
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 03:45 AM
Well done, Jono! You look really good in your vest, beautifully understated and yet totally Champ-worthy! Wish I could come to Berlin, but I'm completely out of money and can't dance at the Germans which rules out going to Berlin :C . Maybe next year?

Just one question: what on earth were you thinking in that last picture? :D
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 03:57 AM
aha lol thanks, in the last pic we were just joking around and typical the picture gets taken when i'm laughing lol.
they actually forgot to say that we were joint first until the end so they called me for first and then when they had called everyone else they then said that it was joint first.
so the girl who came first too ran up to me and i gave her a hug, but then she said that she wanted to hold my hand lol, so we held dancs up as if we were about to do a two hand, but i then pointed out that she was in the boys places which is what we were chuckling about lol.
we always have to much fun we all compete together
By icanfly
On Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:39 AM
yes i went to britsh open i was in under 11s it was the best results i had in a whlile 4th in reel,1st in light jig,1st in slip (i was amazed as it was my 1st time in inter)1st in both my hard shoes and 2nd in premiership.

ReplySendWatch