Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Spring Fleadh - Oh. My. Gosh.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 04:38 AM

Wow! I am still having trouble believing this, and I can't get my head around it. Just insane and crazy and nuts.

Not only did I come home with 6 medals, but I also came home with two Primary trophies. Again, still thinking: WHAT?!

Beginner Slip Jig: 2nd and graded

Primary Reel: Didn't place

Primary Single Jig: 3rd place

Primary Slip Jig: 1st

Primary Treble Jig: 2nd and graded *I think*

Primary Special Event - St. Patrick's Day and Light Jig: 1st

Primary Special Event - Treble Reel: 1st...WHAT?!

Intermediate Special Event - Single Jig and St. Patrick's Day: 3rd

Primary Two Hand Reel: 1st

Oh. My. Gosh. Just...what?! HOW?! I can't believe it, seriously can't. I also got a certificate and ribbon as a participation. Anyways, no more Beginner = WIG!! And I don't know (I'm serious) how I won Treble Reel. I was sure I stuffed it up and was almost sick side-stage. WHAT?! Haha. I also got heaps and heaps of hugs from everyone and all that. It was amazing. Anddddd....another achievement (well...for me!) was that my dress needs to be taken in...by heaps. During the two hand, it moved around so much, it was weird. lol.

Despite being on such a high right now, I am dead tired. Eleven events later and all I wan't to do is sleep. I'm not sure how I'm going to get the two gallons of hair spray and other hair products out; along with a billion bobby-pins and hair ties. But I don't care; I'm still on such a high and feel so great.

26 Replies to Spring Fleadh - Oh. My. Gosh.

re: Spring Fleadh - Oh. My. Gosh.
By AussieLauramember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 04:46 AM
Congratulations Chiara!!! You won your two-hand too! I'm so proud of you :D
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 04:49 AM
Thanks Laura; it's so weird to say that. I'm going to wake up every morning and still be on this wave of pure happiness. It's just unreal.
By Teasharkmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 04:53 AM
Congratulations on your great results! Hard work pays off in the end :)

It's nice to think it's spring somewhere on this planet, with autumn closing in faster than you can say Oireachtas where I live :P

Congratulations again!

Kind regards,

TeaShark
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 04:58 AM
Spring? Spring? No way. Last year when I went to watch, it was like 35.c + and this year, it was like 10.c and pouring with rain. I just need to know how on earth I won the Treble Reel. I was so nervous and my hands were sweaty. I swear I was out of time. Apparently not? lol
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 05:02 AM
Ah, but you must have had something going for you the others didn't have! Congratulations again.
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 05:07 AM
^ Yea, a tummy full of butterflies, the feeling of being sick and not being able to smile for very long?! Haha. I don't know what it was, but it's an amazing feeling. We were sitting there, my friends and I, and they said: Number blah blah, *insert name* from *insert school* and I was like, okay, I think this is my section. Then we got to second and it was my friend and they're like number *insert here*, *insert name* from RAID. And she didn't realise, lol. Then they got to first and I'm like I'm sure my friend has it, she danced so well, then they were like: And number 49, Chiara from RAID. I was like, um no? What? You're mistaken?! Then I got back to my place and I was sure they announced the wrong name/number/school. Weird much?! Haha
re: Spring Fleadh - Oh. My. Gosh. (karma: 1)
By Teasharkmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 05:11 AM
According to the forecast I'll be enjoying 5 C (max) and rain next week! LOL

Feeling nervous (and having your heart race faster than usual) can alter how you hear music. It may seem a lot slower than usual to you, because how we perceive music is related to our heartbeat (natural rhythm). But am sure your legs knew what they were doing on that stage given you won, no matter what it felt like to you at the time :D

Teashark
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 05:22 AM
Hey, I was a nervous wreck at Nationals this year, bursting into tears just before I went on stage, feeling like I was going to be sick... but I think I danced just about as well as I ever have! A little bit of nervousness is good, I think.

^Teashark, I never knew that about how our heartbeat changes the way we hear music! Very interesting (:
By ID_Addict
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 07:31 AM
Congrats, RAID_Babe! You seem to be getting a whole lot of awesome results this year! The hard work is definitely paying off :)
By superheavyjigPremium member
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 07:37 AM
Brilliant results and a dream day, you really deserve it!! I love it when someone I know has a dream day, I can feel your smile through the screen!! WELL DONE!!!!!
By onegirlbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 AM
Congratulations! Keep up the great work :)
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:19 AM
Woohoo! Congratulations! :)

On a side note, what does "graded" mean?
By ID_Addict
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:52 PM
^ I believe 'graded' means that she moved up to the next level. At least that's what it means where I live. (Forgive me if I'm wrong).
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 02:20 PM
That's right. I'm fully out of Beginner and have one dance in Intermediate. Eek, I'm still excited and I've just woken up and can barely walk. lol
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 07:56 PM
Awesome!! Huge congrats! I know you've been working really hard lately and it's so great that it's paying off :D
On Sun Oct 31, 2010 08:49 PM
Thank you so much!! Now I can wear a wig next year and can start looking at buying a solo dress, or having mum make one. Yay!
By ghilliegirl45
On Mon Nov 01, 2010 04:45 PM
Thats great! Congrats!!!! =D
By CelticPiksymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 07:50 AM
Well done pal :D yeah it always looks sunny in your photos! its raining here... a LOT! It makes me feel great when people do well!

Anyways driving lesson now so tally ho ;)
By lorna_doonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:22 AM
Congratulations! That's such a fantastic feeling :)

On a side note, my sister in law's name is Chara :P
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 AM
RAID_Babe wrote:

Thank you so much!! Now I can wear a wig next year and can start looking at buying a solo dress, or having mum make one. Yay!

Oooh! solo dresses! What colors are you thinking of? Style?
By ScullyPAmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:20 PM
WOW congrats to it all, your wins, your weight loss, all of it!
By colgate
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 03:32 PM
Congratulations on your placings!!!! :)
You are on your way to reaching all your goals!
On Tue Nov 02, 2010 08:43 PM
Thank you! I might be getting a cupcake skirt with a dropped bodice, loaded with crystals, in time for States next year...if I go. The dress will be two-three shades of pink, for the skirt, and a black bodice.

Now, I just need to learn Inter Jig, win Primary Slip again, learn Inter Slip and a new Set and make them look perfect and then I can go to States. Mouth-full much?! And then, once I get graded out of Primary, I can join the Inter/Open class!! Whoo!
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 03, 2010 08:30 AM
Congrats on your fantastic results! :)

Claire.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch