Forum: Highland / Highland - Costumes

Page:
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4
re: Web Site with Links to Pictures of Costumes
By emmyport Comments: 911, member since Thu Mar 13, 2008
On Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 AM
Hannahmom, you are so sweet! I hope we have a chance to meet sometime :)

For those of you who haven't seen the Pinterest thread (www.dance.net . . .), I have been experimenting with doubling the content of my website on my Pinterest page, which is nice for people who are visual organizers (like me!). Plus is doesn't break any copyright laws, even though the links are the pictures themselves - nice!

You can check out my Pinterest page here: pinterest.com . . .

If you're not yet a member and would like an invite to join Pinterest, send me a pm with your email address and I'd be happy to send you an invite :)
By steps11 Comments: 72, member since Fri Jan 21, 2011
On Fri Oct 28, 2011 05:41 AM
This is a great website - thank you. It really is good to see outfits made up before you decide which tartan to go for. I notice that several links don't work though so wonder if that can be resolved?
On Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 PM
steps11 wrote:

This is a great website - thank you. It really is good to see outfits made up before you decide which tartan to go for. I notice that several links don't work though so wonder if that can be resolved?

I'm actually in the process of updating the site, just haven't gotten it all done yet (I hate it when life gets in the way of obsessive web site categorizing, LOL) - There will be more tartans! More pictures! No more broken links!

Check out the "Black" page for a preview of the new set up - dancerkilts.tripod.com . . .

As always, I appreciate the constructive feedback :)
By proudhighlandmom Comments: 34, member since Wed Nov 23, 2011
On Tue Nov 29, 2011 08:40 AM
Great job!! Fantastic info and photos!!
Thank you everyone!!
Have a great day!!
By Hannahmom Comments: 1090, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Mon Jan 23, 2012 08:30 PM
Hi Emmyport,
I like the new set up with pinterest!
On Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:47 AM
Just wanted to bump this back to page one!
By CNDhighlandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2317, member since Wed Jul 20, 2005
On Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 AM
woot photos of me on Pintrest! lol love the work you have put into this
By swingingkiltsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1531, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 AM
BUMPx
On Sat Mar 17, 2012 04:19 PM
CNDhighland wrote:

woot photos of me on Pintrest! lol love the work you have put into this

You are all so sweet, thank you :) I've been home with the flu this week and am on the mend, so putting in a lot of editing/reorganizing time on the site.
By emsmom Comments: 22, member since Thu Dec 17, 2009
On Sat Apr 28, 2012 02:30 PM
Love this. So nice to see the tartans in a costume and on dancers than just a tiny square on a shops website.
On Fri May 25, 2012 01:54 PM
Bumping back to page one!
By Karen1234 Comments: 85, member since Sun Jan 29, 2012
On Sat Jun 02, 2012 07:29 PM
Wow it seems like you put in alot of time and energy to organize all these photos. I love to look at all the differant tartans and the combinations of jackets/vests with the socks sure is fun to look at. Thank You.
On Fri Oct 12, 2012 03:02 AM
Thank you to the mods for bumping this thread back up so I can post my update here instead of having a new thread - y'all are awesome!!! :)

So now, to quote myself: I I gave the entire site a facelift at the end of September! Check it out at dancerkilts.tripod.com . . . and let me know what you think. Thanks!
On Fri Oct 19, 2012 03:38 PM
Hi Emmyport,

I love the "facelift"! I noticed that you have one picture of the Dress Hannah/Hannay, Aboyne with blue vest. ( my daughter actually) Do you want another photo, one with a black vest? I also have a picture of the Tartan in a kilt. Let me know if you want them and if you want me to post them on this thread.

Thanks!
Margaret
On Sat Oct 20, 2012 01:02 AM
Hannahmom wrote:

Do you want another photo, one with a black vest? I also have a picture of the Tartan in a kilt. Let me know if you want them and if you want me to post them on this thread.

Yes, please! Thank you, Margaret :)
By scottie_77 Comments: 10, member since Tue Oct 09, 2012
On Sat Oct 20, 2012 03:44 AM
My friend showed me a picture of the new tartan she ordered for her kilt, and I laughed when I saw it was on your pinterest page, and said "I don't know who emmyport is, but she is amazing!" I'm so glad to come across this thread and have the chance to say THANK YOU! Your superb site was the one and only resource I used when I finally chose the tartan for my new kilt, and your name is clearly becoming synonymous with tartan-hunting. Well done and happy dancing :)
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2018, member since Fri Jul 23, 2004
On Sat Oct 20, 2012 04:37 AM
I also noticed that you don't have many pics of the Purple Ross. I could send you a couple... but would have to ask that you obscure the dancer's face as I'm not sure how her mom would feel about her pic being on pinterest... Also I am lazy... or I would do it myself! :P
On Sat Oct 20, 2012 05:10 PM
Here are 4 pictures, Two are from a few years ago, wearing the National with a blue vest, one more recent with a black vest. The picture with the kilt was a rushed picture, hence the unbuttoned jacket!

Margaret
By steps11 Comments: 72, member since Fri Jan 21, 2011
On Mon Oct 22, 2012 02:34 PM
What a great resource and a huge thank you to emmyport for all the time and effort you have spent on this.
I nominate this to be a 'sticky' to now keep it at the top of the costume listings.
By Bellasmum Comments: 192, member since Sun Dec 30, 2012
On Sat Feb 09, 2013 01:37 PM
Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful site on everything tartan!! I am a newbie highland dance mum and tend to get really overwhelmed with all the costuming choices... Your site was VERY helpful!!! I especially loved all the beautifully pictures of the Dress Allendale (my current favorite tartan).. I really want it to be my DD's next kilt, but was unsure how it would look.. thank you again!!!
By sew_what Comments: 113, member since Mon Mar 18, 2013
On Fri Apr 12, 2013 02:13 AM
They are definitely very pretty. good work. I haven't purchased any yet to try and sew with except for a piece of new brunswick tartan that I haven't started yet but I am looking forward to it.
By marisaamoia Comments: 4, member since Sat Oct 19, 2013
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 02:33 PM
i want to know the price of the kilt and socks and the size. Could you please tell me the measures for the kilt and the socks. thanks and best regards.I appreciate your quick response.
By marisaamoia Comments: 4, member since Sat Oct 19, 2013
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 03:04 PM
emmyport wrote:

I've been working to learn more about tartans this year, and ended up compiling the links to pictures I've studied on a web site so they can be of use to others, as well. Take a look and let me know what you think:

dancerkilts.tripod.com . . .

Thank you in advance for all constructive criticism!

i want to know the price for this kilt and socks and the measures of it. thanks and best regards.
By dhanderson Comments: 9, member since Wed Oct 30, 2013
On Fri Nov 01, 2013 01:03 PM
this is very helpful to a new dance parent!
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Sat Nov 02, 2013 03:05 PM

Pink Ailsa aboyne with pink vest and gold accessories. For Emmyport!
Page:
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch